Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

I forget who turned me on to Hermansson from here, but OMG every time I see one... IIRC there was a PA one posted maybe a year or two ago on here that just crushed. Sounded like a Fortin.

ESP Snapper

67025484_135811511000007_295487702336248739_n.jpg

66819655_784127978650881_3430787535177029489_n.jpg

I'm completely dehydrated and my doctor said I need at least 24 hours before another MIJ Snapper can be posted again on here.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Vitamins, lots of protein, maybe a little lidocaine or cortisone for the swelling?

All I know is it lasted longer than 4 hours so I consulted my doctor...

Not to stoke your GAS, but I'm sure you've already seen the finish up close : )

Here's an image which pops the finish:
hsrg5120mfcn-xl-02.jpg

This ain't helping either.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
That 17mm neck Ibanez started using again has saved me more money :lol:

That's funny, just today when I was sitting on the can at work I was randomly thinking; "man, I like Ibanez but those Wizard necks are just too damn thin".

I'm still GASing for an AZ model so I hope the necks on those things are a bit thicker.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
That's funny, just today when I was sitting on the can at work I was randomly thinking; "man, I like Ibanez but those Wizard necks are just too damn thin".

I'm still GASing for an AZ model so I hope the necks on those things are a bit thicker.
I have a love/hate relationship with them. Personally I much prefer the slightly thicker Wizard neck at 18mm but I don't mind the Super Wizard at 17mm. There's just certain spots on the neck that cramp my hands a little bit.

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

AZ necks are much much thicker than regular Prestige Wizard necks (Super Wizard, etc.).

Most prestige necks (for 6 strings: S, RG, etc.) are 17mm-19mm while AZ necks are 20.5mm-22.5mm measured @ 1st and @12th fret.

I haven't payed any Prestige AZ's but have played a couple Premium AZ's (neck shape and thickeness are supposedly the same) and the had necks that were thicker than my Gibson Les Paul.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Not to stoke your GAS, but I'm sure you've already seen the finish up close : )

Here's an image which pops the finish:
hsrg5120mfcn-xl-02.jpg

These have been showing up in a few stores here a fair bit. I got to try one with my Ibanez rep and yeah, it's great. Had I not already bought the RG550, I'd have wanted this myself.

I still want a nice AZ model despite declaring that RGs are my home. I'll probably go for the prestige AZ2204 model (either blue or red finish) some time down the line. I tried the 2 Polyphia sigs as well, both look nice but I preferred the prestige. The transparent matte finish on Scott LePage's mode wasn't something I agree with, I liked Tim Hensen's model more but that's my preference to the specs and aesthetic. Haven't seen the Chon sigs in the wild yet.

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
I actually just played an AZ2402FF last week, the nice prestige one. It was a beautiful guitar and sounded fantastic. Although the neck was very thick, it was also very round so the thickness wasn't too bad. It was kinda strange though thinking I was playing an Ibanez as it felt nothing like one. It felt like I was playing a high end Music Man, especially with the highly figure roasted flamed maple neck and fretboard. If they were cheaper, I'd happily buy one. Maybe in the future when the used prices start getting lowered I'll snag one.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
https://hybrid-guitars.com/

It's Charlie Hunter working with Wes Lambe and Clay Conner (two absolutely awesome builders). Really neat stuff. I haven't even been in the same state as one, but the pedigree is undeniable.

Ah, makes sense. First thing I thought with the pickup arrangement was Charlie Hunter.

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Ah, makes sense. First thing I thought with the pickup arrangement was Charlie Hunter.

I've been wanting a Novax Charlie Hunter model forever, but they never wowed me as much in the quality (not bad at all, but not amazing) or the looks department, but these are the whole package from what it seems.

If I didn't have a Dingwall on the way I'd be tempted to get serious about one of these.

')