Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joan Maal

Reaction score
69220344-3030874560286969-1180931824001541392-n.jpg
69269725-2426869690921044-4108783228105236379-n.jpg

AkiraSpectrum

Reaction score

WOW that is super cool!!!

That's less unusual, though, given various sigs with 3rd party pickups e.g. Mark Holcomb and Dustie Waring.

That guitar also uses BKB Aftermath pickups.

Yeah, to my knowledge PRS doesn't make USA 7-string pickups. I remember watching a factory tour where the one higher-up guy giving the tour said they don't make 7-string pickups and just use other manufacturers offerings. In the past they'd usually use Seymour Duncan 59 7-string models in bridge and neck as a 'default' option for USA 7's. Most USA 7's I've seen have Duncan's or BKP's.

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
Because Americans either a) don't have the money to buy their own products or b) won't buy their own products. I imagine the Dad Rock market is still pretty huge over there and unless it's a Gibson/Fender or barebones guitar, good luck selling it.
Unfortunately there is a ring of truth to that, sucks because I don't particularly care to build that kinda stuff, and one day I'd like to make a living making instruments.

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
More New ESP Snapper Models - Burl

Rosewood & Maple fingerboard version.

To be clear, these (including the Driftwood versions) are new production models, not customs. The darker burl looks pretty okke.

SNAPPER-CTM-Buckeye-Burl-HR-Natural.png

SNAPPER-CTM-Buckeye-Burl-HR-Natural_back.png

SNAPPER-CTM-Buckeye-Burl-M-Natural.png

SNAPPER-CTM-Buckeye-Burl-M-Natural_back.png

A-Branger

Reaction score

"this technique is borrowed from the private stock team"....

eeeemmmmm..... that technique is an option thats been available from WMI factory from many years ago. You guys just stumble across it and though it was a cool idea for a veneer top (among many other veneer tops and finish options they offer)

having say that, they do look awesome, love th whole blackout look

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
What a shocker PRS, Europe only. Why the hell does PRS (A US BASED COMPANY) do so many Europe exclusives?

Because European distributors order them. :lol:

Most of the time the manufacturer doesn't really just decide "model X is going to Japan" and "model Y is going to Denmark" or "model Z is going to Canada" the distributors, who are the manufacturers' actual customers order what they feel will sell best in their region based on feedback from their sales reps and the retailers they service.

In this specific scenario, USA PRS guitars are very expensive, and thus harder to come by in Europe. As such, PRS distributor(s) order fancy SE models that they can price more competitively, while still using the PRS name which has significant equity.

A-Branger

Reaction score
^yup.

plus you guys have had Brian Guitars and Axe Palace (as a couple of examples) doing one-off runs with the SE lines so its not something unique of Europe dealers

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score

Here's my favorite LP, I GAS for it all the time. Godin Summit Convertible... Every feature checks a box for me except for the inlay (I don't care for dots on these).

Uses Spanish Cedar instead of mahogany, which means lighter weight.
Has an "electrosocket" style jack plate, means it won't wear easily.
Has a neck volute, strengthening the headstock (duh, why has Gibson never done this??)
Has P Rails...personal favorite, the hum tone is monstrous!
The controls are simplified (1V1T) yet more versatile (P-Rails switches, HDR thingie)

I feel like they re-engineered the LP with this one, can't figure out why others don't make them this way. One day I'll have one, or build one like it anyway.

n7jujdqwggppiats6ew3.jpg

NickS

New solution, problem changed
Reaction score
^I love the look and feature set on that, but you are right about the dot inlays. They just look wrong on an LP style guitar.

')