Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

oracles

Reaction score
Not full GAS but oddly intrigued by its uniqueyness. Its the shiny thing in the store window.
I see they have now two different form factors. Not sure if the top knob version is a legacy version now.....

izpj5ftz3l8edypnqfgm.jpg

bdb0y9ptu4pkfzmy9ofd.jpg

You want the smaller form factor, trust me. I sold my V1 life pedal because it takes up so much god damn space. It sounds killer, but the V2 form factor and top mount jack placement makes it exponentially better

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Fender Japan killing it like always. :yum:

Monster tone from that wall of DR, Princetons, and Bandmasters. Who needs Diezel or KSR.

I need to ice my own wrist after watching this :lol:

I always forget how much impact he had on my style. Bending into notes instead of landing on them is such a crutch of mine. Even when I play blues it sounds like Marty x Jeff Beck lol. I could never play pure Jazz because I bend all the time.

foreright

Reaction score
I need to ice my own wrist after watching this :lol:

yep - I just showed this video to my wife and she said that “he will hurt himself if he keeps playing like that” - I think my face told her that was a pretty silly thing to say :D

Seriously though it gives me cramps just looking at that wrist angle.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
yep - I just showed this video to my wife and she said that “he will hurt himself if he keeps playing like that” - I think my face told her that was a pretty silly thing to say :D

Seriously though it gives me cramps just looking at that wrist angle.

I actually tried to learn how to pick like that like 20 years ago. It hurt so bad it gave me tennis elbow lol.

mbardu

Reaction score
Limited Run Ibanez Prestige RGDR7UCS Road Flare Red Flat. SS frets. Bareknuckle pickups. Reverse headstock. And the cherry on top, matte red. It's hot. But... it's $2500, and that's just a bit too high for me. I was almost going to buy it, but opted for a regular RGD7UCS.

Link: https://axepalace.com/ibz-rgdr7ucs-rff.html
34wKKVZm

Yeah that looks great, but that's clearly a bit rich$$$

binz

Reaction score
View attachment 82168
Limited Run Ibanez Prestige RGDR7UCS Road Flare Red Flat. SS frets. Bareknuckle pickups. Reverse headstock. And the cherry on top, matte red. It's hot. But... it's $2500, and that's just a bit too high for me. I was almost going to buy it, but opted for a regular RGD7UCS.

34wKKVZm
Aren't 'regular' rgd7ucs in the same range? I find them around 2350€ - Was/is that different in the US?

Aewrik

Reaction score
View attachment 82168

34wKKVZm

Is it just me, or does the headstock logo look a bit... small? There's too much free realestate on the headstock for an Ibanez : p

sleewell

Reaction score
kinda want to get a mesa 4x12. i have a peavey vtm 412 that has k85s that sounds pretty good but i know mesa cabs are great. would be sweet use them both if outdoor shows ever came back.

USMarine75

Contributor
Reaction score
Not sure if you can GAS for empty space, but somewhere I could park the JCM 800 and a 1960A and just play them on 10 would be pretty boss.

That's exactly why I bought the Gibson GA-5T. Dimed it and played sitting about 3-4 feet away with the rest of the family in the same room.

Especially with those Marshalls... they require the power tubes to be pushed for the amp to sound right. They literally don't sound the same at a 2 as they do a 6. I never understood why people liked them until I heard it properly cranked.

FWIW the closest you'll come with a reactive load attenuator like the Weber Mass III, but even then it's not the same. That's what I use to tame the Budda SD80. I'd love to try one of the Tone King Ironman II attenuators with the Budda, but they're hardwired into my Sky King amp they came with.

veykrr6gqoxotcbxze84.jpg

')