Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
That's exactly why I bought the Gibson GA-5T. Dimed it and played sitting about 3-4 feet away with the rest of the family in the same room.

Especially with those Marshalls... they require the power tubes to be pushed for the amp to sound right. They literally don't sound the same at a 2 as they do a 6. I never understood why people liked them until I heard it properly cranked.

FWIW the closest you'll come with a reactive load attenuator like the Weber Mass III, but even then it's not the same. That's what I use to tame the Budda SD80. I'd love to try one of the Tone King Ironman II attenuators with the Budda, but they're hardwired into my Sky King amp they came with.

veykrr6gqoxotcbxze84.jpg

Honestly, it sounds pretty good at tolerable volumes. The bigger issue is a cramped apartment with a girlfriend who's LOA from work, so even Pignose volume of me playing the same scales and grunty music jam alongs would be too much :lol:

But wearing headphones through a VST sitting in an obscure corner just ain't doing it for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Honestly, it sounds pretty good at tolerable volumes. The bigger issue is a cramped apartment with a girlfriend who's LOA from work, so even Pignose volume of me playing the same scales and grunty music jam alongs would be too much :lol:

But wearing headphones through a VST sitting in an obscure corner just ain't doing it for me.

Me when she says “can you turn it down”...
upload_2020-6-26_20-42-37.gif

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
Also, more GAS. I've been bit by the bug. I'm not anal about the modeling quality from one generation to the next but the lack of audio interfacing with PC is the only reason why I couldn't live with an AX8 instead.

View attachment 82199
I have an FM3 coming tomorrow. Exact same reason for me was the passthrough USB which my AX8 doesn't have. I'm interested in seeing how big a difference there really is between the two.

mbardu

Reaction score

Everyone finding it brilliant when Ibanez or others do the "cut through the top wood with a diagonal bevel" thing, but makes fun when kiesel does it :lol:

As far as I'm concerned I cannot like this look, no matter the guitar. What a waste of a top and a break in symmetry :(.
Can't help but think that JC would be even nicer with a nice rounded bent top instead.

xzacx

Reaction score
Everyone finding it brilliant when Ibanez or others do the "cut through the top wood with a diagonal bevel" thing, but makes fun when kiesel does it :lol:

As far as I'm concerned I cannot like this look, no matter the guitar. What a waste of a top and a break in symmetry :(.
Can't help but think that JC would be even nicer with a nice rounded bent top instead.

No way, that sucks 100% of the time no matter who does it.

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score

I admit that it's the one part of that guitar that seriously hurts it. Really fell in love with the light washy earth-tones of the burl combined with the VOL and the gold hardware as well as the specs... just made me drool a little. But yeah I know the K-slice hurts the aesthetics. Truth be told, I'm not generally crazy for vines either but idk... sometimes certain things just work well together.

Last edited:
')