Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

IbanezDaemon

Raptus regaliter
Reaction score
Old School RG5000 in Serpent Green

1rg50004.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
When I pick a string, I feel it vibrating with the fretting hand and it kind of helps me map the guitar with either hand and make them work together and coordinated. I wonder how would this sound generator feel since the fretting hand and picking hand won't be using the same set of strings...

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
A favorite of Allan Holdsworth. Even saw a pic of him just jamming at home on it only a few days before he died.

Anquished

hhnice!
Reaction score
large.png

So I stupidly agreed to a financial suicide pact with my Uni mate last year and both of us are going to buy expensive guitars (around 2k-3k) upon graduation. I realized the other day how quickly thats come around so decided to hold off buying ANYTHING guitar related until then.

I've never paid ESP much attention nor do I have a clue on the differences between their ranges. This popped up on my radar however and I really want to try it out, specs fit the bill for what I'm after. Anyone own this guitar or have experience with the E-II range?

mbardu

Reaction score
large.png

So I stupidly agreed to a financial suicide pact with my Uni mate last year and both of us are going to buy expensive guitars (around 2k-3k) upon graduation. I realized the other day how quickly thats come around so decided to hold off buying ANYTHING guitar related until then.

I've never paid ESP much attention nor do I have a clue on the differences between their ranges. This popped up on my radar however and I really want to try it out, specs fit the bill for what I'm after. Anyone own this guitar or have experience with the E-II range?

Just a few things to note on those:
  • the Horizon carve on the body is not for everyone
  • ESP's thin-U profile is not necessarily comfortable for people used to the typical medium Cs or things like the typical Ibanez profiles
  • the neck is finished, so you won't have the super sleek feel of an oiled neck
  • the frets are nickel silver, which you may like, but many people would prefer stainless steel at that pricepoint
Those aside, the E-iis are however absolutely solid instruments, and in sheer consistency, build quality and finish, they're up there among the best.

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Just bought one of these. When I showed my wife she said "the 80's want their guitar back." :D

Attachments

• caparison.jpg
    caparison.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 51

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Holdsworth fan here. Not as boujie but I got the YouRock guitar for exactly this kinda stuff. A lot of guys say just go synth pickup etc but not having actual frets and strings changes the way you play it entirely, it's basically a legato machine with a whammy bar. I wish there were a 'fancier' option but functionally, it's pretty rad.

I used it for the sax stuff in the second half of this 'lead a week' entry.

https://soundcloud.com/randysnonsense/scolejam

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Started playing my Haggy Ultra Max again. Hagstrom GAS shooting through the room for another Ultra Max. Or I should finally get a Fantomen.

Samark

Inactive. It’s been a pleasure.
Reaction score
Played around with Virtual RG last night and commissioned this, this morning. Sigh, GAS got me

EABD3B13-6688-482B-B6C8-78D477CFC140.png

')