Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Amenthea

Reaction score
ADA MP-1 is a preamp, solid State cleans and Tube overdrive channel, MIDI controlled and responsible for lots of late 80s and early to mid 90s sounds.

I do believe I have one of those in my backup rack. It's in storage atm, and the bigger unit is sitting behind me atm having been retrieved from said unit 2 weeks ago. The DSP21 isn't in the rack with the 120 and 2112 though so not sure where that is lol
https://ibb.co/xf44Z6Y

xf44Z6Y

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
26.5" Scale 6ers for like, D to B but normally C# standard which means RGD or a Schec
I’ve been playing my KM-7 Mk-I a lot lately, and I think 26.5” tuned to D standard is my jam. I’ve been searching high and low for different 26.5” 6-string guitars in the sub $1500 price range, and have discovered the same options as you. Might just get a 7 w/ a tremolo. I just need to clear out some of my current inventory before I make another acquisition. Anyway, glad there are a couple of us out there looking for these - gives me hope for more options, even if they arrive sparsely.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Attachment-5-MSS%2074510.jpeg

Another bad case of 'vintage Ibbys I don't really need but really want'. :lol: The MIJ R314 is at a reasonable price too, and I wouldn't mind adding Dimarzio area singles and a zebra bluesbucker on it...

binz

Reaction score
I’ve been playing my KM-7 Mk-I a lot lately, and I think 26.5” tuned to D standard is my jam. I’ve been searching high and low for different 26.5” 6-string guitars in the sub $1500 price range, and have discovered the same options as you. Might just get a 7 w/ a tremolo. I just need to clear out some of my current inventory before I make another acquisition. Anyway, glad there are a couple of us out there looking for these - gives me hope for more options, even if they arrive sparsely.
I use a cheap used RGD320 for exactly this (6 String D Standard on 26.5) - there are usually tons floating about on ebay or reverb. The only thing that bothered me was the floyd but now I just blocked it and am super happy with it!

Phlegethon

Reaction score
Most recent GAS attack? Would like to get my hands on an ARZ 7 string of sorts. Preferably one with passives, would swap out for whatever flavour of replacement that would be interesting. A BKP PG blues set is the current pickup GAS. Hell, might just throw that set into my iceman 7.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I paid $75 in shipping for a guitar from Japan last week.

How did you ship it, since international post is taking ridiculously long currently? Or are you not expecting it anytime soon? Ikebe stopped using it for specifically that reason and is IIRC using EMS. Last quote I got was ~$350 though that also included transaction fees.

AltecGreen

Reaction score
How did you ship it, since international post is taking ridiculously long currently? Or are you not expecting it anytime soon? Ikebe stopped using it for specifically that reason and is IIRC using EMS. Last quote I got was ~$350 though that also included transaction fees.

I bought a guitar from Black Guitar in Kanazawa via Reverb. The shipping charge was $75 via FedEx. It was very fast. I bought the guitar on a Saturday and it arrived the following Wednesday.

')