Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kaura

Je suis ketchup
Reaction score
The metalist in me wants to know more about those short scale Strats.

The thing is, today I saw someone selling a Strat from that "Metalist" series on another forum and then googled "Fender Contemporary Strat MIJ" and came across this old ass site where I found that pic. But yeah, I'm also interested in the short scale Strats. Too bad the image is cropped.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
6qNZzyg8TAYSwir7bKCACot2UYEuKyyqHr7vuwAK5vEomceOYulRYmjBiYcMxq8VN_nPEMT9DDXHu_T76n6Hj1OP4TrmU3dnEpRcU3JjSin0zDrVfjTgWBA

I know, it's pretty useless these days, but I want it in my collection of Gear-Thats-Beyond-Obsolete-But-Still-Sounds-Really-Fucking-Killer. Along with my GK 250ML and 2 HM2 clones.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I wish more of these lunchbox amps did separate tone controls instead of the singular "TONE" knob; it's the biggest drawback I have with my Micro Dark, and the reason I'm looking at picking up a DSL1HR.

I get that it makes them cheaper to manufacture and design, but the end product in my opinion just ends up OK instead of great.

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Well hell... the JOYO is a little thinner and less tight but still sounds GREAT. That might be one of the best demo videos I’ve seen in a long time.

Masoo2

Reaction score
In a similar vein to the Motherplucker Guitars I've posted before, I found these on Instagram:

Verso Guitars

gruen_kabelcollage_banner.jpg

gurt_1.jpg

2pup_gelb_mobile.jpg

127104148_3466837660098185_2016218795394520547_n.jpg

Really dig the aesthetic of these and the quick connect moveable pickup setup is interesting

These guys, Motherplucker, Minima, and Tao are putting out probably the coolest looking guitars these days but all are extremely small companies without many examples in the wild (except Tao)

Last edited:

Albake21

Ibanez Nerd
Reaction score
In a similar vein to the Motherplucker Guitars I've posted before, I found these on Instagram:

Verso Guitars

gruen_kabelcollage_banner.jpg

gurt_1.jpg

2pup_gelb_mobile.jpg

127104148_3466837660098185_2016218795394520547_n.jpg

Really dig the aesthetic of these and the quick connect moveable pickup setup is interesting
I feel like this is the future of guitars, and I'm going to be the "old man yelling at clouds" about how I prefer my super strats :lol:

Although a pretty cool take on an electric guitar.

Masoo2

Reaction score
I feel like this is the future of guitars, and I'm going to be the "old man yelling at clouds" about how I prefer my super strats :lol:

Although a pretty cool take on an electric guitar.
I thought it was actually REALLY cool until I realized it was a sheet metal body. Think some kind of composite with a smooth/soft feel and metallic plates underneath the pickup region would be a lot cooler, but regardless I still dig the design. Guess I'd never know how to judge the feel of a sheet metal body unless I had one in my hand.

Also upper fret access seems rough.

Last edited:

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I'm gonna lose my shit, I seriously wanna snag something with a sustainiac and I've been wishing I kept that ugly black monster of an A6 FRS I had.

Reaction score

Verso Guitars

These guys, Motherplucker, Minima, and Tao are putting out probably the coolest looking guitars these days but all are extremely small companies without many examples in the wild (except Tao)

It's clearly a Designer's guitars, probably focused on the more surf dad rock or similar, not for the metal heads most of us are. And as a Designer's approach I also include the cost of manufacturing, which for the looks of it, should be pretty low: there isn't much wood work involved, there isn't much wood involved and bending metal can be outsourced for cheap at many local factories.

It does have some "flaws" in the design, like the strings' angle at the headstock or the high fret access that makes the hand meet a metal sheet. Let's hope the finish is sturdy enough to endure miss treatment and not develop rust there, for it would certainly be a deal breaker for any 2nd hand market.

I do like, however, the concept for pickup placement be magnetic (as pickups are) over that bended metal sheet, for it allows the user to tune his/hers preferred tones from their positions. How drastically will that be...?

... btw, since you found them, can you link us to their site? I'm having some difficulties finding them with "Verso Guitars" keywords...

Last edited:
')