Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I too would like a 10K usd bottle opener

How's that compare to a 10K usd eye-poker-outer:

7ed16525db0c368ba608ad14ac4a7288.jpg

(or potentially a bottle opener for a much larger and weaker bottle)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
Off topic slightly, but I always chuckle when these $10K+ guitars charge for shipping. The Toone and the Blackmachines on Reverb are all charging. Could you not just build it in the price or eat the shipping charge if some asshole pays you $10K?

soul_lip_mike

Contributor
Reaction score
Off topic slightly, but I always chuckle when these $10K+ guitars charge for shipping. The Toone and the Blackmachines on Reverb are all charging. Could you not just build it in the price or eat the shipping charge if some asshole pays you $10K?

I know. The one thing I like about ebay is how you can enter the dimensions of the box and weight when you create the listing so you can accurately charge shipping (not sure if reverb does that?). I've been both burned on shipping costs where I underestimated, and also "accidentally" made a few bucks over charging shipping when I entered a flat cost.

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I know. The one thing I like about ebay is how you can enter the dimensions of the box and weight when you create the listing so you can accurately charge shipping (not sure if reverb does that?). I've been both burned on shipping costs where I underestimated, and also "accidentally" made a few bucks over charging shipping when I entered a flat cost.

I normally try to account for full shipping costs and then some insulation for the Reverb fees so I can list it for lower and people can give better offers. Covers the full shipping at worst and at best I can take a slightly lower deal than I want since the fees are eaten a little.

jco5055

Reaction score
Man I think I fucked up, there was a mint Vigier Excalibur Special 7 on Reverb and he offered me $1880 for it...I was holding out to think about it for a couple of hours since I'm currently waiting on my Maslow to be finished and was thinking if I wanted that slight $$$ discomfort and it got sold.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
The one I ordered has a matching headstock :lol:

View attachment 90499
I was debating on getting the blue one with the trem, but I do want a hardtail Strat in the arsenal. Something different.

Speaking of mod projects, I kinda drifted away from the Jake E Lee tribute and went onto something a bit more... unique

9a2fa5007f054239a6fe236119a2c036.png
ee5eb7461499c4fa6961a02edddb0b77.png

Last edited:

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
I was debating on getting the blue one with the trem, but I do want a hardtail Strat in the arsenal. Something different.

Speaking of mod projects, I kinda drifted away from the Jake E Lee tribute and went onto something a bit more... unique

View attachment 90502 View attachment 90503

I love the sky burst (blue) but I had already ordered the Squier Modern JM in that color lol. So it was sunburst, skyburst, black with anodized pickguard, or white with black pickguard.

20210221_213706.jpg
20210221_213733.jpg

Last edited:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I love the sky burst (blue) but I had already ordered the Squier Modern JM in that color lol. So it was sunburst, skyburst, black with anodized pickguard, or white with black pickguard.

View attachment 90506 View attachment 90507
I really, really wish Jags didn't have such a short scale length. Because those things look so good.

But when you get it, lemme know how it is. Once my tax return comes in, I'm putting an order down on the HT.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
I want an old school black, pointy, pissed off 7 Soloist. Really hoping for a pro series Loomis but who knows if..and when.

Talk me in/out of the current SL7...cuz damn it pretty much ticks all the boxes.

Masoo2

Reaction score
I'll post it here too since I can't stop staring at it...

View attachment 90516
Same.

6462ec4e385dba9648f9d3d0055df63f.png

Something about the shape just does it for me in a way none of their other own designs have. It's clearly something "more" than an RG/Soloist but no where near as aggressively different/odd/oblong as many of the other boutique "non-RGs" are when it comes to curves and horns. Vandermeij was brought up in the thread as potential inspiration for the shape and man I can't stand their curves, but this Balaguer is toned down enough to still look unique while meeting traditional super strat aesthetics for those of us who don't like radical change in the shape.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score

View attachment 90502 View attachment 90503
I'd want the first one with two three way pickup selectors, two volumes (bridge, single coils), and a push/pull tone control. One three way pickup selector would be a small toggle like on the Schecters with sustainiac pickups in the neck. The second a standard blade three way. The tone would coil tap the bridge humbucker for three single coils. Toggle selects middle, neck, or both single coils for a sort of two humbucker thing. Blade selection bridge, whatever the toggle selects, and both.

')