Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mbardu

Reaction score
Same.

6462ec4e385dba9648f9d3d0055df63f.png

Something about the shape just does it for me in a way none of their other own designs have. It's clearly something "more" than an RG/Soloist but no where near as aggressively different/odd/oblong as many of the other boutique "non-RGs" are when it comes to curves and horns. Vandermeij was brought up in the thread as potential inspiration for the shape and man I can't stand their curves, but this Balaguer is toned down enough to still look unique while meeting traditional super strat aesthetics for those of us who don't like radical change in the shape.

I saw your post there when I talked about the Vandermeij, and I'm still trying to figure out how you're looking at the magistra :). It's literally the same shape :lol:. Same arm contour too, even though the Diablo in white doesn't really show the contour on the Balaguer mockup.

Magis1505587303 (3).jpg
My-Balaguer-Custom-Guitar (4).jpg

Last edited:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I just fucking barely missed out on a Hamer Standard I've been wanting, and that pissed me off so much that it killed my Strat GAS and makes me want to hunt down a proper Explorer. :lol:

Masoo2

Reaction score
I saw your post there when I talked about the Vandermeij, and I'm still trying to figure out how you're looking at the magistra :). It's literally the same shape :lol:. Same arm contour too, even though the Diablo in white doesn't really show the contour on the Balaguer mockup.

View attachment 90532View attachment 90533
Ima be honest I never put the two side by side, dang haha. That's like...way closer than I expected. The pictures of Magistras I've seen always looked much more bulbous/round compared to the Balaguer.

Maybe it's the multiscale look that's throwing me off? That and the difference in horn lengths, though the configurator could be exaggerating the differences.

This is really throwing me for a loop and I don't want to believe it :lalala:

mbardu

Reaction score
Ima be honest I never put the two side by side, dang haha. That's like...way closer than I expected. The pictures of Magistras I've seen always looked much more bulbous/round compared to the Balaguer.

Maybe it's the multiscale look that's throwing me off? That and the difference in horn lengths, though the configurator could be exaggerating the differences.

This is really throwing me for a loop and I don't want to believe it :lalala:

No, you will look at it :lol:

4z2t2i.jpg

A Magistra would still be able to give me some pretty nice features that speak to me (dunlop flushmounts, custom scale length, better higher fret access, nice purflings, blind fret slots, oiled neck on set neck, nicer hardware, richlite board, more pickup choices), but it looks like the Diablo could be a pretty nice "poor man's" Magistra. At least if the quality of Balaguer semi-custom is indeed there. And I should say "slightly less rich man" rather than "poor man" considering it would still be 2k$+.

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I just fucking barely missed out on a Hamer Standard I've been wanting, and that pissed me off so much that it killed my Strat GAS and makes me want to hunt down a proper Explorer. :lol:
I had a black Hamer Californian with the boomerang(?) inlays and I sold it. So much regret.

rawrxd

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
GASing for a 27” seven string w/ trem and fishmans. 8 string with trem would be cool as well, don’t see those around really except for a few headless models

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
201118364100025f.jpg

I'm sure I'm not the first to post this, but I have to have it. First 6-string purchase since 2009
I'm really intrigued by these. Not because I want a Kelly, but because I'm curious about the quality level coming out of whatever Chinese factory they've started using for some of the crazier finish Pro series stuff. I've heard that it's actually been more consistent than the Indonesian ones.

Scott Swoope

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
bT2lUIH.jpg
Kind of gassing hard for one of these while still available:
38218597-solar-s2-6c-2019-carbon-black-matte

Last edited:

Captain Shoggoth

Gotoh 1996T shill
Reaction score
The crackle kelly is sweet but it's an import right?

yep, chinese. in this case it was my saving grace, i have a custom on order so imports are all i can afford rn

I'm really intrigued by these. Not because I want a Kelly, but because I'm curious about the quality level coming out of whatever Chinese factory they've started using for some of the crazier finish Pro series stuff. I've heard that it's actually been more consistent than the Indonesian ones.

yea i have been freakin out about it a bit but if it's good enough i'll probably consider the lighting crackle RR24 as well. the dogshit fretwork on my indo TAM10 has set my expectations very low, so fingers crossed!

Update:

View attachment 90594 View attachment 90595

If an Epi version comes out, fuck me.

very cool after all the speculation! shame there's not a production black/gold hardware one, THAT i would have outright simped for. very excited for what this means for the future of 24-fret flying Vs and Explorers tho; i will continue to hold out hope for 7/8-string variants before i die of old age. the megadeth font on the kramer headstock is also borat voice very nice

')