Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
I don't need it.I don't need it.I don't need it.I don't need it.I don't need it. I NEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEED IT.
4zuc3c.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
Best I can do is regular Kelly

View attachment 90871

That thing should be the illustration for "neck dive" in a guitar dictionary.

It's got a lot of weight on the other side of the bridge so I'm not sure how that could be a top contender for neck dive. Of course, strap position plays a role.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
Past week I found myself GASing a lot about the PRS Dustie Waring, which is out of my range
But I pretty made up my mind that my next guitar will be a PRS with maple neck, hopefully semi-hollow
I'm watcfing closely the second hand market

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot lately about the guitar that got me into boutique guitars, that I gawked at while only being able to afford an epiphone les paul... the McNaught Phoenix Rising:

mcnaught-moonscape-front.jpg

skull5.jpg

01572_tq2.jpg

Though my taste in inlays have definitely become more minimalist...

tarzegetakizerd

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've been thinking a lot lately about the guitar that got me into boutique guitars, that I gawked at while only being able to afford an epiphone les paul... the McNaught Phoenix Rising:

mcnaught-moonscape-front.jpg

Though my taste in inlays have definitely become more minimalist...

The cream rings and pickups are oddly satisfying. time to get some for my LP

TheBolivianSniper

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
So you guys know how I have a massive appetite for anything with a sustainiac and in purple? And how much I love my Blackjack A6? Well look at what sweetwater has to do.

W20103352-front-large.jpg.auto.webp

It's literally perfect. I even like the Full Shred and I'm not a Duncan guy. It even has binding.

neurosis

Reaction score
Past week I found myself GASing a lot about the PRS Dustie Waring, which is out of my range
But I pretty made up my mind that my next guitar will be a PRS with maple neck, hopefully semi-hollow
I'm watcfing closely the second hand market

They are out there at reasonable prices. You just have to keep looking. I got one of the older ones past Christmas. It's a great guitar. The bolt on, maple board, satin finish and the Floyd give its a really different vibe from my 24. Also, old CE24s can be found for cheaper than this model. Those are pretty different in feel but I think with some tweaks, mainly the pickups you could get somewhat close to the Dustie if that's what you're after.

OmegaSlayer

Reaction score
They are out there at reasonable prices. You just have to keep looking. I got one of the older ones past Christmas. It's a great guitar. The bolt on, maple board, satin finish and the Floyd give its a really different vibe from my 24. Also, old CE24s can be found for cheaper than this model. Those are pretty different in feel but I think with some tweaks, mainly the pickups you could get somewhat close to the Dustie if that's what you're after.
I'm looking for something out of pure shred manufacturing, to have a bit of variety
If I pick a Fender guitar it'll surely be a Tele before a Strato

High Plains Drifter

... drifting...
Reaction score
For some reason, these Asato Suhrs are the only use of gold hardware that I’ve ever liked. Any little individual changes to the current package —a natural headstock, for example?— and I think I’d go back to thinking gold looks tacky. But it’s just perfect.

Agree. IMO that 3A roasted birds-eye serves to further nail down the stunning overall aesthetic as does the binding that frames the whole thing like a work of art.

BigViolin

...---...
Reaction score
They've pretty consistently used the strategy of releasing a custom shop run and then a pro series sig model 6 months to a year later. I'm guessing to build up demand. Except the Brandon Ellis Kelly.

I was hoping they'd at least talk about the custom shop model for the dealer event or during the instagram takeovers by Loomis and/or Joe Williams. Nothing though. I'll probably be on the market for something this summer. We'll see where things stand on this by then.

As of Monday the black SL7 is gone from the website. Maybe thats a good sign for the Loomis or maybe they are just making room for the more expensive transparent finishes.

I received my black one today and while I haven't spent much time with it...so far, so great. Will see how it sets up with my strings and tuning but so far I'm happy with the fit and finish. If the truss rod behaves it should be a pretty great guitar and as it came pretty well set up with low action I see no issues. Only issue is I might have to the shim the low E saddle on the Floyd which I'm not bothered by in the least on a sub 1K import. I'll set it up further and spent some quality time with it this weekend. Nice to have a Jackson again...been a long time.

groverj3

Bioinformagician
Reaction score
As of Monday the black SL7 is gone from the website. Maybe thats a good sign for the Loomis or maybe they are just making room for the more expensive transparent finishes.

I received my black one today and while I haven't spent much time with it...so far, so great. Will see how it sets up with my strings and tuning but so far I'm happy with the fit and finish. If the truss rod behaves it should be a pretty great guitar and as it came pretty well set up with low action I see no issues. Only issue is I might have to the shim the low E saddle on the Floyd which I'm not bothered by in the least on a sub 1K import. I'll set it up further and spent some quality time with it this weekend. Nice to have a Jackson again...been a long time.
Definitely give us a rundown in a NGD thread :yesway:

')