Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mmr007

(anti)Social Influencer
Reaction score
1658688127442.png

If this comes in LTD version I will have to break down and buy my first EC...something I didn't even do for the Hanneman version

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BabUShka

Reaction score
My GAS at the moment:

Gibson Les Paul Custom
Martin D16 GT
Mesa Boohie Mark IV or V
Hughes & Kettner Triamp
ESP Horizon

A new V guitar wouldnt hurt.

I sold my HX Stomp today, will probably buy a Two Notes Captor X.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Not so much GAS as I acquired it yesterday evening but this is pretty neato:

Untitled-2.jpg

Late 80s Vester II Concert Series in Silver Crackle, though it's more of a pale gold/silver combo in person. I didn't realize they had a sparkle effect in the crackle, so that's a plus.

Normally I'd say this belongs in a NGD thread however it's not going to be mine for long. My little cousin who has expressed substantial (and more importantly, consistent) interest in playing guitar, so I started showing him the basics a little while ago and he's all about it. He seems to loves 80s stuff (Dokken and Savatage... could bring a tear to my eye) and flashy guitars so here's hoping I hit the nail on the head.

I was looking for a used RG or some other Japan-made Ibanez that someone didn't realize they had for cheap when this popped up on FB marketplace. $300 loonies later, here she is. Personally speaking, if this was my first guitar I'd be fucking psyched. He's also obsessive over Floyds / whammy bars, which while awesome might be a bit of a hurdle for a newbie so I think I'm gonna set it up as dive-only - he can learn the secrets of full-floating as he progresses.

It needs a setup and such but honestly I'm genuinely surprised how well it plays. Punches waaay above its weight, that's for sure. Not in the same league as my ESPs and whatnot but for $300 worth of monopoly money, it's a steal and a half. The only thing I'm concerned with is the SFT70-A tremolo. I haven't heard much about them and their quality, though so far it seems alright. I do hate the wood screw trem studs, though. Bridge hum is a Schaller (?) which is interesting. Not amazing, not bad. Neck pup is a DiMarzio of some sort, I'll figure out what when I take everything apart.

In the event he ends up not sticking with guitar I most definitely want it back - I've had a rainbow crackle Vester in my GAS folder for years and while not the same this one is pretty killer, IMO.

ShredmasterD

Calls it like it is.
Reaction score
Not so much GAS as I acquired it yesterday evening but this is pretty neato:

View attachment 111441

Late 80s Vester II Concert Series in Silver Crackle, though it's more of a pale gold/silver combo in person. I didn't realize they had a sparkle effect in the crackle, so that's a plus.

Normally I'd say this belongs in a NGD thread however it's not going to be mine for long. My little cousin who has expressed substantial (and more importantly, consistent) interest in playing guitar, so I started showing him the basics a little while ago and he's all about it. He seems to loves 80s stuff (Dokken and Savatage... could bring a tear to my eye) and flashy guitars so here's hoping I hit the nail on the head.

I was looking for a used RG or some other Japan-made Ibanez that someone didn't realize they had for cheap when this popped up on FB marketplace. $300 loonies later, here she is. Personally speaking, if this was my first guitar I'd be fucking psyched. He's also obsessive over Floyds / whammy bars, which while awesome might be a bit of a hurdle for a newbie so I think I'm gonna set it up as dive-only - he can learn the secrets of full-floating as he progresses.

It needs a setup and such but honestly I'm genuinely surprised how well it plays. Punches waaay above its weight, that's for sure. Not in the same league as my ESPs and whatnot but for $300 worth of monopoly money, it's a steal and a half. The only thing I'm concerned with is the SFT70-A tremolo. I haven't heard much about them and their quality, though so far it seems alright. I do hate the wood screw trem studs, though. Bridge hum is a Schaller (?) which is interesting. Not amazing, not bad. Neck pup is a DiMarzio of some sort, I'll figure out what when I take everything apart.

In the event he ends up not sticking with guitar I most definitely want it back - I've had a rainbow crackle Vester in my GAS folder for years and while not the same this one is pretty killer, IMO.
killer paint

josh1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I've really been wanting a cheap guitar to mod and have fun with. I was thinking about getting one of these cheap LTD's and removing the neck pickup, swapping the bridge pickup, all black hardware, remove the tone knob, and remove the pickup ring around the bridge. I guess it'd be like a Black Metal series rip off depending on which pickup I'd put in the bridge.

81JDgDuWIjL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

')