Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
A white Strat of some sort... Don't care, gimmie, gimmie, gimmie! Though my wallet would probably prefer the Charvel.

pro-mod-so-cal-style-1-hh-sw-xlg.jpg
jim-root-strat-rw-ow-xlg.jpg

adrian_smith_maple_xlg.jpg

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
A white Strat of some sort... Don't care, gimmie, gimmie, gimmie! Though my wallet would probably prefer the Charvel.

pro-mod-so-cal-style-1-hh-sw-xlg.jpg
jim-root-strat-rw-ow-xlg.jpg

adrian_smith_maple_xlg.jpg

I'm in the same boat, but I bought an SDX that I'm modding in honor of the So Cal. With So Cal matte black pickguard in hand, I'm ready to do some work. Realistically though, the cost of the SDX plus new pickups and OFR puts me over the price of a used So Cal. I prefer the neck on the Jackson, but then last week I finally played a MIJ San Dimas that I gelled with really, really well. I think it's the stepping stone I needed for the So Cal.
Those are all killer options, but my GAS immediately goes Floyd over hard tail.

feraledge

Reaction score
My next purchase is looking like one of the following;
002xl.jpg

schecter+banshee+2013.jpg

The Charvel GAS is more well founded. I want a shredder tele bad and have 5 shredder super strats already. The Schecter GAS is more like morbid curiosity as I'd like to applaud Schecter for making a guitar that I'm really interested in.
I've also realized that my GAS is a serious addiction. I was thinking that I could get another guitar if I stopped messing with what I have for like 3-4 months. So I thought about doing a self-imposed ban on buying/selling/trading any guitars until my tax return. I embraced the idea for an hour before realizing that the ban time includes holidays, likely bonus, and my birthday, with a 2 week paid vacation in the center where I'll likely finish all current guitar related projects.
Self imposed ban was dead in the water.

I think I have a problem...

feraledge

Reaction score
Schecter KM-7

schecter_km7_1.jpg

This shot is such a killer selling point. That is a handsome guitar. Keith is definitely someone with his finger on the pulse.
If I hadn't sworn off hardtails and could get along with the feeling of a Hipshot, Schecter might see two purchases from me in 2014.

Zado

Reaction score
1453483_758680444148769_419979121_n.jpg

don't care 'bout the front,as long as this thing costs less than 1500€,I'm fine even with a pink hello kitty sh!t.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat, but I bought an SDX that I'm modding in honor of the So Cal. With So Cal matte black pickguard in hand, I'm ready to do some work. Realistically though, the cost of the SDX plus new pickups and OFR puts me over the price of a used So Cal. I prefer the neck on the Jackson, but then last week I finally played a MIJ San Dimas that I gelled with really, really well. I think it's the stepping stone I needed for the So Cal.
Those are all killer options, but my GAS immediately goes Floyd over hard tail.

Yeah I typically prefer a hardtail guitar, but I'm leaning towards that Charvel. That might have to go on the Sweetwater payment plan. I love the white body, black pickguard and maple fretboard look.

feraledge

Reaction score
Yeah I typically prefer a hardtail guitar, but I'm leaning towards that Charvel. That might have to go on the Sweetwater payment plan. I love the white body, black pickguard and maple fretboard look.

I read this like a checklist of win.

- Charvel
- Sweetwater
- payment plan
- white body
- black pickguard
- maple fretboard

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I read this like a checklist of win.

- Charvel
- Sweetwater
- payment plan
- white body
- black pickguard
- maple fretboard

Oh and Black Friday coming soon. Might catch a nice discount, always a good time to make an irresponsible guitar purchase.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Right now I'm GASing for more bass gear. :squint:
Schecter Stiletto C5
bigCustom5.jpg

Gallien Krueger 800RB. Old Reliable :wub:
Gallien-Krueger_800RB_Amp_salvage.jpg

Gallien Krueger 700RB. Maybe.
gk3020250b-xl.jpg

And a couple of these, Gallien Krueger Neo 2x12:
lg_Neo212-F.jpg

EDIT: And a fretless and/or Music Man-style bass of sorts. Been listening to some Tony Levin stuff and he makes me want one so damn badly. :lol:

Schaug

Reaction score
Massive GASsing lately.... :hbang: All of this plus Mayo Regius 7 elements (Water) :yesway:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    249.8 KB · Views: 38
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    26.2 KB · Views: 36
  • Jackson-Chris-Broderick-Signature-7-String-collage-xlg.jpg
    Jackson-Chris-Broderick-Signature-7-String-collage-xlg.jpg
    602.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    37.4 KB · Views: 34
  • tii.jpg
    tii.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 56

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Lately I've been gassing on:

Ran Crusher FT8
Ibanez M80M
Ibanez RGD Prestige (the one with the fixed bridge)

Leaning more to the eight's, and still have a dilemma there but now that RGD is also getting very appealing to me...

')