Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
OH SHEESH

ac_go_6_sig.jpg

So much hate.

Wow, I dont think I have ever seen a pick guard embedded in the guitars body, can someone link more like this?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

AndruwX

The Irregular
Reaction score
Is it possible to suffer from GAS when you have 0 money to buy Guitars/Gear?
Sometimes I spend hours looking guitars on the internet. Sadly, that's the only thing I have to spend.

*ba dum tshh*

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Sometimes I spend hours looking guitars on the internet. Sadly, that's the only thing I have to spend.

Look above. I want to buy an entire Schecter/Spector and Gallien Krueger bass rig, but I'm broke as shit. :(

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score

*ba dum tshh*

Never let a low supply of cash get in the way of irresponsible GAS purchases. :nono:

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score

*ba dum tshh*

GAS is not limited to how much you own or purchase. Means dictate how much you're able to go broke over gear purchases. Addiction dictates the drive/search/yearning.
I currently own 7 guitars, 1 acoustic, and 1 bass. My GAS list is probably on par with people who currently own 100 guitars and those who only own 1.
The Post Your GAS thread and NGD threads are there to help you work through your wishes to irresponsibly blow what money you do and don't have on gear and then help vet the purchases and trades you do end up making.

feraledge

Heard the Good News about Maple Fretboards?
Reaction score
Basically this thread/forum is like an addiction support group that lives and dies by "well, you obviously need one more" every time.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
1471203_659546090732200_219597677_n.jpg

Dingwall afterburner 6 string fretless. Quilt top and a drop tuner on the B string. £2500 second hand. Pretty much my dream bass.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
Why do I have this curse otherwise known as GAS? :ugh:

Select-CarvedMapleJazzmasterHH_twilight.jpg

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I take it you've tried one? Hows it compare with other harmonizers?

To be honest, I haven't yet and been eager to try them. I've been on the market for a compact intelligent intelligent harmoniser pedal for years. I emphasised intelligent as a lot of hamonisers I've used are usually fixed to pitch, or can handle major/minor changes, but still fixed to assinged harmony (can't switch from 3rds to 4ths depending on chord). All Boss units can handle the latter, but it's not enough.

I have tried Eventide's vocal pitch shifter equivalent funny enough, and that got me curious on Eventide. All 3 units also have a handy option to plug to another instrument/acompaniment to track harmonies depending on the chords played by the source. Very cool.

The Digitech, I suspect is a compact version of the old harmonisers that Joe Satriani used in the song 'Why'.

EDIT: I think I made a mistake on the vocal unit, it may have been a TC Helicon Voice Tone, I forgot now. Still curious on the Eventide though.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Ah, well, I was curious because I was also keeping an eye on harmonizers. I was looking at some of the lower end stuff (Boss PS-6) and the higher-end (Eventide Pitchfactor), but I decided on the Digitech GSP1101 since Digitech seemed to have the budget harmonizer thing down.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
To be honest, I haven't yet and been eager to try them. I've been on the market for a compact intelligent intelligent harmoniser pedal for years. I emphasised intelligent as a lot of hamonisers I've used are usually fixed to pitch, or can handle major/minor changes, but still fixed to assinged harmony (can't switch from 3rds to 4ths depending on chord). All Boss units can handle the latter, but it's not enough.

I have tried Eventide's vocal pitch shifter equivalent funny enough, and that got me curious on Eventide. All 3 units also have a handy option to plug to another instrument/acompaniment to track harmonies depending on the chords played by the source. Very cool.

The Digitech, I suspect is a compact version of the old harmonisers that Joe Satriani used in the song 'Why'.

EDIT: I think I made a mistake on the vocal unit, it may have been a TC Helicon Voice Tone, I forgot now. Still curious on the Eventide though.

Ah, well, I was curious because I was also keeping an eye on harmonizers. I was looking at some of the lower end stuff (Boss PS-6) and the higher-end (Eventide Pitchfactor), but I decided on the Digitech GSP1101 since Digitech seemed to have the budget harmonizer thing down.

The Eventide PitchFactor is the way to go short of having another person playing harmonies along with you, and even then, the PitchFactor won't make mistakes. :yesway:

MetalHeadMat

Jackson/Charvel Connoisseur
Reaction score
Jackson SL1. The one I want the most, but I haven't been able to pin point a finish. If I got a trans finish, I'd put black hardware on.

I've also been GASing over one of these for a while, just can never find one :\ Ibanez Prestige RG2660ze

And one of my buddy's is trying to pawn this off on me... Reeeally considering it. Has EMG's for $400.

')