Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
welp finally got to play one of these
DV016_Jpg_Large_515568.053_red_prl_brst.jpg

GAS reignited

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Trust me, I'd love the Pitchfactor, but $300 - $500 for a single effect is too much for me.

I completely agree. You get 10 effects with each Factor Pedal though. Someone made a chorus preset for the TimeFactor and its so good I sold my chorus pedal. My TimeFactor and PitchFactor have replaced everything except my ISP Decimator and possibly two others...I'm still deciding. Anyways, my point is you aren't getting 1 effect with a Factor pedal, you're getting 10, and when manipulated correctly, you start eliminating the need for other pedals on your board. Now keep in mind, I don't really like pedals all that much, I see them as a necessary evil, but these Eventide pedals (and the Strymon pedals, to some extent) are more like rack FX you step on rather than a guitar pedal.

Now, spending $300 on a boutique Fuzz pedal? :nuts:

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I honestly never knew that. :lol: Did a bit of reading, and it can apparently be used as an octaver, delay, and as you said, a chorus. It even seems to have an expression pedal so it can be used as a harmonizer. I dig that.

And it's MIDI programmable, too. May look into it more, then.

Fathand

Tube Snake Boogie
Reaction score
Quitting the Internet might be a good idea, otherwise I might buy this..
7354215_800.jpg

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I honestly never knew that. :lol: Did a bit of reading, and it can apparently be used as an octaver, delay, and as you said, a chorus. It even seems to have an expression pedal so it can be used as a harmonizer. I dig that.

And it's MIDI programmable, too. May look into it more, then.

I would think of the PitchFactor as a harmonizer that also has delay, modulation, etc. "Harmonizer" is actually trademarked by Eventide and the PitchFactor is the only Factor pedal to have the word "Harmonizer" in the title. You can use it without an expression pedal but that limits the pedal quite a bit. I'm just starting to mess around with MIDI, but yes, its very MIDI programmable! :eek:

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I would think of the PitchFactor as a harmonizer that also has delay, modulation, etc. "Harmonizer" is actually trademarked by Eventide and the PitchFactor is the only Factor pedal to have the word "Harmonizer" in the title. You can use it without an expression pedal but that limits the pedal quite a bit. I'm just starting to mess around with MIDI, but yes, its very MIDI programmable! :eek:

I'm cool with either unit, ideally my impulsive pedal collector side wants both. :lol: But it seems the Harmony Man is discontinued and the Pitchfactor seems more accesssible in my situation. Once I come across it (hopefully very soon), I'll snag it immediately...

...and hopefully a Boss Slicer and Terra Echo as well. :rofl:

Given To Fly

Reaction score
I'm cool with either unit, ideally my impulsive pedal collector side wants both. :lol: But it seems the Harmony Man is discontinued and the Pitchfactor seems more accesssible in my situation. Once I come across it (hopefully very soon), I'll snag it immediately...

...and hopefully a Boss Slicer and Terra Echo as well. :rofl:

I don't love pedals all that much which is why I love the Eventide stomp boxes. They are capable of so much and its all really high quality. "They are rack processors you step on!" As for collecting, there actually is some logic in buying multiple Factor pedals. Why? The PitchFactor manual is 51 pages! But once you've learned that, you've passed Eventide 101 and can use the other stomp boxes relatively easily. They sound amazing, they are over engineered and overbuilt, and I love it!

Boss302

Reaction score
Schecter%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20C-1%20Classic%20See%20Thru%20Blue%206-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

Neck Thru w/ultra access
Grover Tuners
Seymour Duncan passives
5-way switch w/coil tap
"Vine of Life" inlay

Discontinued in 2008

Want!

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Discontinued in 2008

Reissued in late 2013/early 2014.

;)

And if it's pretty easy to setup the Eventide Pitchfactor with a MIDI-capable amp and a MIDI footcontroller, I wouldn't mind centering my entire rig around one. All I really need is a delay, chorus, and some pitch effects.

Also a plus if expression pedals work via MIDI with the Pitchfactor.

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
This doesn't exist, just photoshopped it, but one day, one, friggin', day, I WILL own this thing (7 strings though, was too lazy to photoshop the extra one :lol:)
ibby_dream.jpg

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Been listening to Celtic Frost and Triptykon. Now I lust for an Iceman, specifically, the IC350.

doc_images-110352053043.jpg

With a couple of upgrades.

Floyd-Rose-GE1996T.jpg

DV019_Jpg_Regular_340011.715.275_creme.jpg

Or

633445488570657940.jpg

Unsure if I'd go for the B&B L500XL, Dimarzio X2n, or DiMarzio D-Activator X (maybe even the PAF Pro) if I wanted a classic death/thrash metal guitar for drop B/C# tuning.

')