Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zado

Reaction score
Schecter%20DIAMOND%20SERIES%20C-1%20Classic%20See%20Thru%20Blue%206-String%20Electric%20Guitar.jpg

Neck Thru w/ultra access
Grover Tuners
Seymour Duncan passives
5-way switch w/coil tap
"Vine of Life" inlay

Discontinued in 2008

Back in 2014

Want!
*fixed:yesway:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrailleDecibel

Member Of The 27" Club
Reaction score

Yup, I can definitely get into that...dayum! :yesway:

As for my current GAS, kind of a surprising choice, but this one, the Douglas Scope 727 Nat Ash 7:

scope727na1.jpg

Why, you might ask? It's looking like I might be able to afford one of these around Christmas time, and for some reason, the insanely low price ($125 currently, hoping the sale lasts another month) makes the GAS even worse. At that price, pretty much all it needs to do is have fairly good playability and stay in tune, because even if I wound up having to swap out the bridge pickup, I'd still be doing alright.

If I do indeed get this one, I have one mod planned for sure...the headstock shape is alrightish as is, but I noticed if you were to do a little creative woodworking, you wind up with something pretty close to an ESP headstock, so I'd be doing that and getting rid of the decal, perhaps to come up with something of my own, or maybe just leave it blank.

Attachments

• fef3fr4g5g.jpg
    fef3fr4g5g.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 8

s4tch

Reaction score
I never thought I'd ever be GASing for a distressed/relic'd guitar.

p1_ukvut4qwp_so.jpg

imprinted

Reaction score
The shinyyyyy:

CATIMG001370b88358073cb8384f29e085d189.jpg

TMFront590.jpg

I want my old Caparison TAT-I back somewhat fierce. Sellers remorse!

an Axe FX-II would be nice as well since I can't play my Sig X in my new flat. Booooo!

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
Right now, JP-7's have me by the balls.

Best guitars I've ever played ever.

Boss302

Reaction score
Reissued in late 2013/early 2014.

;)

And if it's pretty easy to setup the Eventide Pitchfactor with a MIDI-capable amp and a MIDI footcontroller, I wouldn't mind centering my entire rig around one. All I really need is a delay, chorus, and some pitch effects.

Also a plus if expression pedals work via MIDI with the Pitchfactor.

Yeah I suppose. I found the prototypes already for sale after I posted this. I can't wait to get my hands on one. Hopefully I'll have one by the end of next week!

And the next thing I'll need to get is a tube amp. Currently running through a 150w Line 6 Spider IV because it was only $400 for the half stack. What would be the way to go? Marshall?

Given To Fly

Reaction score
Reissued in late 2013/early 2014.

;)

And if it's pretty easy to setup the Eventide Pitchfactor with a MIDI-capable amp and a MIDI footcontroller, I wouldn't mind centering my entire rig around one. All I really need is a delay, chorus, and some pitch effects.

Also a plus if expression pedals work via MIDI with the Pitchfactor.

The Factor pedals use a 1/4" mono jack to connect the expression pedal. But you can assign a MIDI controller to do just about anything on the PitchFactor including anything the expression pedal is assigned to do.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
And the next thing I'll need to get is a tube amp. Currently running through a 150w Line 6 Spider IV because it was only $400 for the half stack. What would be the way to go? Marshall?

Depends on what you plan on playing. Usually Peavey stuff is best on the cheap, especially used.

Also, yeah, the Schecter Classics are coming back under a limited run for 2014.

The Factor pedals use a 1/4" mono jack to connect the expression pedal. But you can assign a MIDI controller to do just about anything on the PitchFactor including anything the expression pedal is assigned to do.

Sounds good to me. If by some miracle I get the cash for a Pitchfactor, I'd probably get a Behringer controller with the upgraded Eprom.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
orange-or15h-reissue-494852.jpg

Or poor mans Rockerverb maybe?

orange-cr120-630-80.jpg

Boss302

Reaction score
Depends on what you plan on playing. Usually Peavey stuff is best on the cheap, especially used.

Also, yeah, the Schecter Classics are coming back under a limited run for 2014.

Sounds good to me. If by some miracle I get the cash for a Pitchfactor, I'd probably get a Behringer controller with the upgraded Eprom.

Metal dude. That's why I'm about to get my second Schecter! I wouldn't go cheap though. I need something to really help my $1000 guitars soar, so I figure an amp for around the same price would be the right thing to do.

I live in a house with 2 full stack Marshalls and an Orange head with a Mesa Boogie clone cabinet. I just don't use them since they're not mine.

What would be a good amp for using both EMG actives and SD passives through? That's all I've got now. No telling what I'll get later. I'm really craving a nice Jackson with some DiMarzios since everyone talks so highly of them. But it'll be a while until I can afford a $2000+ guitar.

Boss302

Reaction score

XeoFLCL

Reaction score
The new Schecter Avenger 7 we're getting.

I'll gladly trade both of my testicles for one. If anyone is interested, feel free to PM me!

:D

As for my current GAS, kind of a surprising choice, but this one, the Douglas Scope 727 Nat Ash 7:

scope727na1.jpg

Why, you might ask? It's looking like I might be able to afford one of these around Christmas time, and for some reason, the insanely low price ($125 currently, hoping the sale lasts another month) makes the GAS even worse. At that price, pretty much all it needs to do is have fairly good playability and stay in tune, because even if I wound up having to swap out the bridge pickup, I'd still be doing alright.

If I do indeed get this one, I have one mod planned for sure...the headstock shape is alrightish as is, but I noticed if you were to do a little creative woodworking, you wind up with something pretty close to an ESP headstock, so I'd be doing that and getting rid of the decal, perhaps to come up with something of my own, or maybe just leave it blank.
Just a heads up, I had one of these and I really hated it. It sounded very clacky, had a bad fretjob, and was just in general shoddy craftmanship, the neck wasn't very stable and pulling or pushing on it slightly would cause it to shift in pitch, the floyd felt very cheap, and I had to shim the neck to even get reasonable action.. This was something like 3 or 4 years ago though, when they went for 200USD, and this is also my own personal opinion, so take it with a grain of salt obviously. I tried both a d sonic 7 and a JB7 and they just sounded... bad.... I'd end up trading it to my buddy who liked it fortunately, but I never ever considered that model ever again after that experience.

The Douglas Hadron series, however... I've owned 3 of them and each one has been ....ing amazing and outclassed even my most expensive guitars, including my Ibanez SIR27FD (in terms of tone at least, the fretwork and weight on the ibanez are still much superior). The only downside is they're ....ing heavy, (easily the weight of a full mahogany hellraiser 7, if not more) which is surprising for a guitar that's been slimmed downed to about the size of a SLSMG, but then again I'd consider the weight a major reassurance in terms of tone. Oh, and the stock pickup, while not horrible, isn't the best. Swapping it out for something else would probably be best, I actually put a fullshred 7 in mine and I love it with that pickup.

Actually, I guess you could say I'm actually gassing for my 4th one as of recent, because of the new flamed top ones:
http://www.rondomusic.com/hadron727bkflame.html

Can't get enough of these things :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Have you ever played a Schecter US Custom? I'm so extremely curious as to how good they are but I can't find any one who owns one or has even played one.

I've heard nothing but good things.

Metal dude.

Peavey. 5150(II), 6505(+), XXX, 3120, JSX, Ultra Plus... any of those will do.

And now I'm GASing for a baritone 7-string. Been listening to a lot more SYL/Hevy Devy lately, so I need something for Open C+G. :lol:

Agile Interceptor 727 RN CP Tribal Green - RondoMusic.com
Agile Hawker 727 Floyd Tribal Blue - RondoMusic.com
Agile Septor Pro 730 EB CP White - RondoMusic.com

Probably one of these one day.

Don Vito

Reaction score
My stepdad gave me his shitty old Crate halfstack, which to my surprise, has godlike distortion. The problem is that it has been to hell and back, so I need some good stickers to punx it out and cover the roadwear. So yeah, I'm gassing for car decal stickers and stuff. It's impossible to find any good ones unless you live in the city and have access to one of those niche novelty shops that reeks of weed.

Latest posts

')