Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I love Ibanez Sabers... don't you dare saying bad things about them... just kidding, say what you will, I'll still love them... one S5427 or specially the S5527 will be mine one day...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
ill be honest, id prefer those bevels if it means that the body gets to maintain its thickness, unlike for example S models. They sacrifice wood for comfort. Not dogging the design, just doesnt suit me at all.
If you read their ad copy they say the S shape is designed to keep the wood thick in the middle where it counts and thin on the sides for comfort. But then we get into a tonewood debate and let's not do that :)

Also @odibrom nobody can take that title from me! Except maybe Mr. Jeff.

soldierkahn

BAD MAMMA-JAMMA
Contributor
Reaction score
If you read their ad copy they say the S shape is designed to keep the wood thick in the middle where it counts and thin on the sides for comfort. But then we get into a tonewood debate and let's not do that :)

Also @odibrom nobody can take that title from me! Except maybe Mr. Jeff.

no i know all too well not to go into that debate here lol. i wear my scars proudly. The complaint that i have to counter (just to your thickness counterpoint) is the S series that Ive had, when i compare their centers thickness to an RGs thickness, the S is still thinner. (hope I dodged that tonewood bullet lol)

Reaction score
... oh no you won't. Sabers are mahogany and most RGs are basswood, the first beats the second, hahah :D

@LiveOVErdrive ok, I'll give you that, Mr Jeff is the only contestant to the title... besides you, that is... a game already solved before it even begins, you win, Jeff is second but those are third... is it fair now? :yesway:

... so everybody knows, I, and I guess all of us, are just goofing, respect the bevels! Respect the tone wood debate!

BenjaminW

Reaction score
Not usually a Strat kind of guy, but I'm definitely craving an HSS Strat with a Floyd Rose. Definitely not trying to get something that looks like Neal Schon's "Lights" Strat.
075737.jpg

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I’ve been currently Gas’ing for one of these Aristides 070.

Attachments

• 421FC8AD-6292-460C-8749-67CE17414DF0.jpeg
    421FC8AD-6292-460C-8749-67CE17414DF0.jpeg
    53.8 KB · Views: 28

fffoxxx

feel it all around
Reaction score
I'm currently pining over the ESP LTD SC-607B in purple satin.

xlarge.png

I've got the SC-608B and SC-20 and absolutely love them. Would love to round out my collection with this new 7-string.

But, I just ordered the Solar A2.7 (lemon neon matte) so it'll probably be a while until I get permission to buy another 7-string...

Ikke

A Dream Cartographer
Reaction score
Dragonfly Border 666

Something about this guitar just clicked with me. I feel like maybe it needs the Sottile head. But I otherwise like it now. Still don’t like the two mini toggles though.

upload_2019-4-24_15-2-41.jpeg

MoonJelly

a subtle stinging sensation..
Reaction score
Reba's got it going on for sure.

I spent some time on the phone with her and her artist manager at ESP when one of her guitars went missing :ugh: I eventually tracked it down and was so happy to give her the good news, it resurfaced like three months later. She was really patient through the whole process, which says a lot about her as a decent human being... In my book she deserves every success.

Oh and yes, the new sig model is a beast.

')