Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

prlgmnr

...that kind of idea
Reaction score
3g3a6831_f614e9f128.jpg

Normally I'm all for maple boards but this is working for me.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Crash Dandicoot

» B E H O L D
Reaction score
Mamoru is such a clean player. Gets to demo all the spot and exhibition models - I'd say he's lucky but man he's earned it. Plus he's got a signature now, good on him. I need to get my Snapper back soon, all these spot models are reminding me why I like it so much.

AdenM

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
maxresdefault.jpg

I've spent enough money on PRS this year, and I've always wanted one of the MiJ/Edge trem/Oval inlay S540s. Now to find one without ridiculous markup.

ODS-II-F-Head-58f61c4a4cb65ccc1c18186485e1bb32.jpg

Also an ODS-II, just for the ins and outs on the back.

Reaction score
^^ I have an old blue S540 from '93 (bought it in '95). Super awesome guitar that got me hooked to Ibanez. Yes, I've tried other guitars, but they don't feel the same. At the moment it get little play since I've moved to the 7 string realm, also on the Ibanez way of life... nevertheless, good taste!

BananaDemocracy

8 String Impaler
Reaction score
cfd70zgbx9ddte0dfbri.jpg

IDK why, but I always loved the Jem, but I did not like the UV777BK. Style wise its way better than the jem7vwh, but the neck is crappy i think if remember, its a universe not a jem7....with that said, i always wanted a universe with a jem feel, and i think this guitar is the closest. its like an unofficial petrucci co-custom with vai, its the UV70BK, but its like RG7620 with Evolution pickups, aside from that, its basically what i would want: a 7620 with better pickups.....so I was gassing for that Green on black after seeing the video for LIE and then looking at my fedex tracking....only 1 more day till 7620!!!

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
six-site.jpg

I've watched a bunch of demos of the Tsakalis 6 and a demo one came up for sale with a killer price and I had to have it. Not a high gain pedal so feel free to scroll along at this point haha.

The good: They combined elements of the King of Tone, Timmy, and TS into one pedal. They also went without any capacitors in the signal path, so supposedly they claim it increases touch sensitivity and clarity - we'll see. Switchable 9 or 18 v for more headroom.

The bad: They combined elements of the King of Tone, Timmy, and TS into one pedal. No, it's not like the JHS Bonsai with those 6 discrete circuits. They combined what they liked about each of those circuits into one, then made 5 more different versions of their own amalgamation. So you get a clean boost, two transparent OD (one with and one without midhump), then two that are tweaked versions to more distortion like, then an OD and dirt in series.

I love bluesbreaker clones... VFE, Vick Audio, Marshall Guvnor, KoT, Snouse, Wilson Effects... so this was a no-brainer for me. We'll see if it can beat out the VFE Blues King though.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
C7C31312-50EF-4DD7-B27E-A4EE1274365F.jpeg
^because the link above didn’t work, here is the Tsakalis 6 from Greece.

Another NPD inbound...

CEE485DA-6C52-4530-A5F8-3D16887EE17A.jpeg

MI Audio Super Blues Pro

I’m in love with everything Michael Ibrahim makes - He’s the Australian version of VFE. This is basically another TS clone with less midhump and some interesting mods. It has low, mid, and high cut tone controls. It has MOSFET and Silicon clipping available - You can set none, assymetrical, or symmetrical. What’s interesting is it has so much gain and boost on tap that you get into fuzz territory when you dime the pedal. I had the old version back in the day which I loved, so I can’t wait for this one to arrive!

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
SYN-1-large.jpg

SYN-SAVAGE-large.jpg

Been playing around with the Savage model on my AX8, love that saturation it gets. No chance in hell I want to spend that kind of money on a head though, so maybe a SYN1 with ENGL Savage module would be a good compromise. Plus, I could get other modules if I wanted later on. Seems like a real flexible piece of gear.

Latest posts

')