Post Your GAS

• Thread starter Scar Symmetry
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
It's the only 7-string warrior in Jackson's range, so it makes sense from a business perspective that it is in the most popular scale. 99% of people playing 7s do so in B standard, drop A, A standard or drop G#, for which the scale is perfect. Very few will venture below G on a 7 to justify manufacturing a longer scale instrument.
except 25.5 isn't the most popular scale for 7 strings anymore. All the other major manufacturers (schecter, esp, ibanez) make 26.5" 7 strings. 25.5" scale 7 strings are relatively uncommon on the market anymore. Hell jackson already makes 7 string multiscales that use 26.5" for the low end, so it's not like they can't or won't do it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

zxcvbnm

Reaction score
1.jpg

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score

LuciusBolt

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
mayones_regius_7_semi_hollow_trans_jeans_violet_mbc_2014_1200.jpg

I know this is a one off and is no longer available. But this looks very cool I guess

Caparison-Horus-M3-CC@800x450.jpg

I like the color on this as well, I definitely rock a hot pink guitar :) ha ha

14566573_644836642360924_3411044180166705152_n.jpg

Final One - That wicked oxblood finish, Plus even though I don't play 8 strings this is still very cool :)

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
I was thinking about a Black Metal Viper the other day but the neck dive would probably be even worse with one pickup

Yeah that's also what worries me. Kinda unsure if I want a Viper, a black Custom-esque Eclipse, or a cherry sunburst Eclipse.

MAJ Meadows SF

on a tone quest
Reaction score
from your front yard, staring into your window
I don’t know why, but I want one.

1_Full_Straight_Front_NA-19a6e55e89d8490681cb329c31cba7ef.jpg

I've been on the fence about these until Kyle Rasmussen tried one and sadly related it to "feeling like a toy". That's of course compared to the custom shop Jackson's, but that note was a let down. Still, I'm sure with some TLC they can absolutely rip. It's the only Warrior 7 they offer, and it's a Warrior, so win.

I've been meaning to try the Imperiums. How are you digging those? Mild GAS for both.

JD27

ESP Cult Member
Reaction score
I've been on the fence about these until Kyle Rasmussen tried one and sadly related it to "feeling like a toy". That's of course compared to the custom shop Jackson's, but that note was a let down. Still, I'm sure with some TLC they can absolutely rip. It's the only Warrior 7 they offer, and it's a Warrior, so win.

I've been meaning to try the Imperiums. How are you digging those? Mild GAS for both.

No clue who that is, but I already assumed it’s probably going to need a little work. I recently installed a 7 String Set in my H-207, so I’ve got to try both now. They are really close to each other, which I liked, since 6 and 7 string pickups can vary a lot within the same model line. I think they work great for the type of stuff Dave plays. The bridge maybe isn’t as hot as you would think, not BW type sizzle, but not weak either. Handles chords well and they are articulate. Not quite as bright as the either, but overall I dig them.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
It's weird, because I've been hearing nothing but mixed-to-meh things about Jackson's QC lately. Yet I'm hearing nothing but amazing things about Charvel. Aren't they all made in the same plant for the most part?

KnightBrolaire

Pickup Connoisseur
Reaction score
It's weird, because I've been hearing nothing but mixed-to-meh things about Jackson's QC lately. Yet I'm hearing nothing but amazing things about Charvel. Aren't they all made in the same plant for the most part?
Yeah I don't know what's going with Jackson, they just don't seem to have the same QC as Charvel. Even when I've found subpar Charvels, they're still not as bad as some of the Jacksons I've played. Low end jacksons are consistently worse than other cheap guitars ime.

lurè

Fake Shredder
Reaction score
Remotely thinking about a rackmount rig, something like triaxis+2:50 but the last think I need is a stereo rig.
It would be cool just for the pics:c dude with the arm standing on a 20U rack.

')