Post your Kiesel Aries and help me choose finish for mine. :)

aciek_l

Reaction score
GAS reached it's maximum and I'm very close to ordering my own Kiesel Aries. :)
I will go with basic specification - this means alder body and solid color finish. I'm pretty sure about maple fretboard, but it's hard to judge color by these small frames in Kiesel's configurator. Show me your Arieses (and other Carvin/Kiesel guitars) and let me know what color it is. :) I'm thinking about Pearl Blue, or Blue Mist Metallic with white pickups and black hardware... :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Get hot pink, BEM FB, and pink inlays, black hardware, white pups. Matte finish, natch. Or radiation green metallic, glossy, BEM, NIN, chrome hardware, black or cream pups. That's my vote!

aciek_l

Reaction score
Not sure if trolling... ;P Your suggestions are too "flashy" for my taste. ;)
I like that Vader a lot:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt8Ankb6zzM
That's Pearl Blue and I'm thinking about Aries in the same finish with maple fretboard and maybe white pickups.

getowned7474

Neck_Pro
Reaction score
This is my Kiesel VM8 in Satin Seafoam green. I definitely recommend the maple board and white pickups, that combo looks amazing in my opinion.

DSC_1402_zps7fwpookh.jpg

narad

Progressive metal and politics
Reaction score
There's only like 5 non-flashy Aries guitars in existence...

Mathemagician

Reaction score
Not oceanburst. Otherwise the Aries posted on their instagrams look goooood.

laxu

Reaction score
http://imgur.com/a/uFCse Aries AM7 in aquaburst. I like my guitars flashy.

I would suggest getting the stainless steel frets and chrome hardware to go with Blue Mist metallic. Also if you are getting more than 6 strings, get the multiscale model.

aciek_l

Reaction score
All the tops and aquabursts looks awesome, but I'll stay with solid color due to financial reasons. I'm trying to get AX8 still this year... :>

Mathemagician

Reaction score
They look really good in matte finishes. Basically every color looks awesome, that said the bevel where you arm sits will at some point get shiny of you don't go gloss. So keep it in mind if that bothers you.

Big_taco

Reaction score
The guy from issues has a pretty good looking seafoam aries. Actually makes me like the design.

Masoo2

Reaction score

Señor Voorhees

Reaction score
I love my pepto-candy pink Aries. One of my favorite guitars to play still. Recorded a little audio/video demo. Can never go wrong with a matte (or gloss) pink guitar.

Aside from the Piezo, and the custom color, it is just the standard features. (woods and such) After playing it for the past 5ish months, I've grown out of the honeymoon phase, and I still love it. It's the guitar I go to first when I want to noodle around ideas, and it's usually the one those ideas get recorded with.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MFKsB3Ol0oU

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
Not sure if trolling... ;P Your suggestions are too "flashy" for my taste. ;)
I like that Vader a lot:
www.youtube.com/watch?v=xt8Ankb6zzM
That's Pearl Blue and I'm thinking about Aries in the same finish with maple fretboard and maybe white pickups.

Not at all. I love that look. One of the guys on the Carvin bbs got a pair of guitars like that, and they looked glorious. Kind of like the pink Dingwall NG-2.

Dodeejeroo

Reaction score
The radiation green and their seafoam are my favorites, I prefer the Aries in a solid color, the layered-wood look with their transparents is cool but a little too busy for my taste.

MetalHead40

Reaction score
Just ordered an Aries 6 yesterday.

This is the sevenstring multiscale but it should look similar to this only with a walnut neck and the headstock will be opposite the one in the picture.

Kiesel_zpslsmjiikp.jpg

')