Post your most "Metal" pic of yourself and your 7!!!

• Thread starter SevenatoR
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dysfctn

Reaction score
metalfiend666 said:
Doh! It says in his stats! I didn't think to look accross at those, the middle pickup threw me.

hehe

I always wanted a UV (until I bought one 6 days ago ;)) - so I had a Blaze single coil routed into the middle. The others are Blaze (neck) and Blaze Custom (bridge).

Now that I have my UV I'm thinking of modding the RG again. Fill the single and neck pup cavities, the tone knob hole, pup selector slot - and respray. Enter EMG707 and just a volume knob, black inlays and the headstock graphics removed... What ya's think? I reckon that would be metal as!

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
dysfctn said:
hehe

I always wanted a UV (until I bought one 6 days ago ;)) - so I had a Blaze single coil routed into the middle. The others are Blaze (neck) and Blaze Custom (bridge).

Now that I have my UV I'm thinking of modding the RG again. Fill the single and neck pup cavities, the tone knob hole, pup selector slot - and respray. Enter EMG707 and just a volume knob, black inlays and the headstock graphics removed... What ya's think? I reckon that would be metal as!

Old UV's are really nice. I played 7 Dying Tree's UV7BK and UV7PWH the other week and now want one very badly!

The only word of caution I'll say about your plans for the RG7620 is have you played a guitar with 707's before? From my personal experience (I own an RG7621 with EMG's) the distortion sounds are crushingly heavy but suffer from a lot of handling noise. You've got to be very clean with your playing as every touch of the strings is picked up. The other thing about them is the cleans. They're too clean for many peoples tastes, very sterile sounding.

If you think EMG's are your thing, go for it. If you've not played an EMG equipped 7 try one out first as you've got a lot of work planned there. You don't want to do it and then find you hate the EMG sound.

angryman

Djentleman
Reaction score
Mynydd y Garreg, Carmarthenshire, South Wales.
Here's a few
100_1101.jpg

tone1.jpg

100_1125.jpg

tone3.jpg

Metal as Fuck!

dysfctn

Reaction score
Found a couple more:-
90504950_5147d56958_o.jpg

90507731_b2601ca64d_o.jpg

And these two are taken of the band I was in when we supported Machine Head in Sydney!!! (I'm on the far right)

90484928_ff0a6fe93d_o.jpg

90486906_b28e9d663f_o.jpg

dysfctn

Reaction score
Thanks dude...

Well no more pics from me for a while I promise!

BTW:- The 7620 I have is now trashed from the days I was in that band (paint and body that is, the trem/pups/neck are all fine - rust free etc). It'd be worth nothing to sell now I'd say - it looks like something that's been used by Korn!

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
uhhhhh I want a 1527 so bad haha, thanks for making me want one more :p

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
uhhhhh I want a 1527 so bad haha, thanks for making me want one more :p

[ACTION=Naren]laughs at D-EJ915 and points at him, chuckling to himself.[/ACTION]

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Don't die there Naren, it wouldn't look good for us.

Just felt like taking a pic after seeing all these metal pics so here it is:

and Felix the Cat is awesome.

hooolycow.jpg

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
D-EJ915 said:
Don't die there Naren, it wouldn't look good for us.

Just felt like taking a pic after seeing all these metal pics so here it is:

and Felix the Cat is awesome.

hooolycow.jpg
Groovy hair, looks like it could be an afro. :metal:

I love those H-207s...very nice guitar. :yesway:

Chris

Forum MVP
Reaction score
And now, though you didn't think it was possible for me to one-up the pipe-and-slippers pic of me hangin' with the Rhime of the Ancient Mariner: :lol:

rec2.jpg

')