Post your pedalboard

• Thread starter budda
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

chipchappy

thudmaster
Reaction score
Screenshot 2024-08-20 at 10.48.34 PM.png

I don't have a proper board (yet) but here's the current collection. Currently in the chain we have:

- Empress Para EQ
- Sick As overdrive
- MXR Chorus
- Chase Bliss Tonal Recall
- Earthquaker Afterneath
- Strymon Blue Sky
- Chase Bliss Blooper

and then pedals I kind of swap in and out for different flavors are:

- Maestro Echoplex EP-3
- Electro Harmonix Q Tron (original USA made)
- MXR Custom Shop 'Timmy' OD
- Peper's Pedals Dirty Tree
- Keeley Compressor

... and then I also have a Keeley modded Ibanez Analog Delay thats on the way!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Current pedalboard. Just added the Lichtlaerm Medusa (pedal 8) as a clean boost for solos even though its based on a Boss HM-2 Heavy Metal pedal. Plus the artwork is cool.

View attachment 148701
Do you run your MWAC in front or in the loop? I have a funky setup with an amp switcher, and I can't seem to make it work with the key input without getting weird noise issues. Curious to see how other people use theirs.

JJDon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Do you run your MWAC in front or in the loop? I have a funky setup with an amp switcher, and I can't seem to make it work with the key input without getting weird noise issues. Curious to see how other people use theirs.

I actually do both through the 4 cable method. The In jack on the side is going from the Tuner into the MWAC and Out to the wah which then goes into the ES-8's input. Then the In of the top of the MWAC is going from/to the FX Send of the amp, and the top Out of the MWAC is going to my ES-8 Volume Loop and out to the FX Return. In other words, for that last part, its going from the top Out of the MWAC back to the FX Return of the amp.

1724450628836.png

Attachments

• 1724450148662.png
    1724450148662.png
    70.4 KB · Views: 4

Jon Pearson

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
I actually do both through the 4 cable method. The In jack on the side is going from the Tuner into the MWAC and Out to the wah which then goes into the ES-8's input. Then the In of the top of the MWAC is going from/to the FX Send of the amp, and the top Out of the MWAC is going to my ES-8 Volume Loop and out to the FX Return. In other words, for that last part, its going from the top Out of the MWAC back to the FX Return of the amp.

View attachment 148720
Thanks, I've tried mine via 4CM, it works with some amps but others it seems to give me some issues, need to pull some stuff apart and isolate the issues.

I really like it for the amps it works on, it's weird to call a gate "natural" but it feels that way compared to all the others I've tried.

JJDon

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Thanks, I've tried mine via 4CM, it works with some amps but others it seems to give me some issues, need to pull some stuff apart and isolate the issues.

I really like it for the amps it works on, it's weird to call a gate "natural" but it feels that way compared to all the others I've tried.

Yea, the MWAC is the best noise gate I've tried so far. I tried the Zuul+ and a bunch of others like the ISP Decimator and MXR Smart Gate, and the the MWAC has been the most transparent and easiest to use with the lowest noise floor. I expected to like the Zuul+, but it was heavily gated and cut all the trails no matter how low I set it.

The Medusa on my board has a built in noise gate from the Lichtlaerm Key and Gate. I haven't tried the Key and Gate itself yet, but based on the Medusa, it seems like it would be pretty similar to the MWAC.

Marked Man

Reaction score
Yea, the MWAC is the best noise gate I've tried so far. I tried the Zuul+ and a bunch of others like the ISP Decimator and MXR Smart Gate, and the the MWAC has been the most transparent and easiest to use with the lowest noise floor. I expected to like the Zuul+, but it was heavily gated and cut all the trails no matter how low I set it.

The Medusa on my board has a built in noise gate from the Lichtlaerm Key and Gate. I haven't tried the Key and Gate itself yet, but based on the Medusa, it seems like it would be pretty similar to the MWAC.

I rate the t.c. electronic Sentry better than the Smartgate or Decimator for sure.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
IMG_1530.jpeg

Need to figure out reverb placement for use vs wanting to run stereo with the dd7 at home :lol: yay pedal and cable management…

')