Poulin LE456 + LeCab Tone Test

prabragu

Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I didn't get around to adding drums to this, but I was looking for some feedback on a current tone I made! I've used Pod Farm for the last year, and decided to try out other amp sims, so I'm testing the TSE 808, Poulin LE456, and LeCab (God's cabs). I'm trying to go for a somewhat thick, massive tone. I was just messing around with the riff from "Solar Flare Homicide" by Emmure, 'cause it's pretty easy to record on the fly haha.

https://app.box.com/s/briksw593i4zps06usbq

lemme know what you think!

Prabhu

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

iRaiseTheDead

Ashes Of Rebirth
Reaction score
Not too too bad, I can dig it. But I think this thread belongs over at recording :eek:

ElasticPancakes

Reaction score
Sounds awesome to my ears! I think it sounds pretty massive. Would be interested to hear it in a mix though.

It amazes me how good the lepou stuff is. Nice job dude. :hbang:

prabragu

Reaction score
Ah, sorry I probably should have put this in recording, my bad :p but thanks for the feedback! I added some drums so the guitars can have some context.

https://app.box.com/s/bhvxg93qyp6i9iibdh3b

Yeah, it's pretty crazy how crazy the Lepou plugins are. You really don't need to do heavy modifications with them, which is what I liked a lot more than the Pod Farm amps/cabs.

MBMoreno

Reaction score
Experiment adding the Ignite Amps(also freeware) tube power amp between preamp and cab sims.

You will not be disappointed

Reaction score
I have used the same setup before.

Some tips, the JakeAC5253 Epsilon cab impulse sounds amazing with any setup I have tried. You can also use a post EQ to add more high end, and overall warmth and depth to the tone.

I prefer the Lecto over the LE456, but both are great. Very similar with certain settings.

p.s. This doesn't need to be in recording, it is a virtual amp. Download and enjoy, shit is awesome.

')