Power amps and processors?

• Thread starter rob_707
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
hey guys i have a question about power amps. i dont want to use a reg amp anymore cause i cant find any sound that i like out of one. so i want to go processor/ power amp way. my question is iv been looking at power amps and i am not %100 if this is gonna work. all the ones iv seen so far use xlr out puts instead of 1/4 jacks. will i even be able to plug a effecs processor into one???

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Albionic

First of the magi
Reaction score
yes with the propper leads. sounds like you are looking at pa amps wich is fine if you are using a modeling processor (most are these days) bear in mind if you are not simulating a guitar amp in the front end a pa amp may lack warmth.

i've been hearing good things about the new rocktron velocity's though especially the 300 maybe you should check them out

rob_707

but will it Bethesda?
Reaction score
yes with the propper leads. sounds like you are looking at pa amps wich is fine if you are using a modeling processor (most are these days) bear in mind if you are not simulating a guitar amp in the front end a pa amp may lack warmth.

i've been hearing good things about the new rocktron velocity's though especially the 300 maybe you should check them out
how do i tell the differance between the two?

Michael T

Sea Turtles mate
Contributor
Reaction score
I use a Rocktron with my X3, before that i was using a Marshall 8008. Both are transparent, no color to your tone at all.
As far as being able to tell which is mainly for guitar I'd say just check the inputs 1/4" ins are your standard guitar in. But as mentioned above Most of your rack processors have XLR outs (The X3 pro does) so i'd assume that a PA power amp would work. You just have to check the speaker outputs for proper Ohms so no damage occurs to your cab or such, also make sure the outs are 1/4" some PA power amps use Speakon style or XLR type and not the 1/4".
Hope some of this helps.

Latest posts

')