Power solutions: Daisy chaining...

• Thread starter Mickey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Mickey

Reaction score
Hey guys, my pedals are almost all in, still waiting on a few. Now deciding on a power solution for them. Looking at the Cioks DC10 or TC10. Here is a list of my pedals:

Sonic Reseach Turbo Tuner(pretty sure it's low draw, 9v, 99% sure I'll be daisy chaining it with the wah and Maxon)
Red Witch Empress/Moon Phaser/Pentavocal(all 9v, analog, not sure about each draw but probably low)
Maxon OD9 Pro +(35mA max, 9V, probably daisy chain it with the tuner)
RMC 3FL Wah(says the current draw is 10mA, 9V DC, definitely will daisy chain it)

Now the heavy stuff:

Eventide Space and Timefactor both need 350-400mA
EHX Deluxe Mistress is 24V so will take up 2 outlets
EHX DMM with Tap Tempo(9V, unsure on the draw, probably circa 100mA)

The TC10 has higher powered outlets on ports 5 and 6(300mA each compared to 200mA each on the DC10) but only has one 400mA outlet as opposed to two 400mA ports on the DC10(problem for the Eventide pedals). I do have a Gigrig generator and Eventide adaptors so I probably will just order a distributor and power the Eventides off that.

What do you guys think? Which pedals could I safely daisy chain on the DC/TC10?? DC10 or TC10?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Go To Bed Jessica

Reaction score
From personal experience, I strongly recommend not daisy chaining digital pedals with drive pedals. I would definitely not daisy chain the tuner with your drive pedal - it took me ages to figure out that the primary source of noise in my pedalboard was having a boss tu2 daisy chained with my drive pedals. Digital pedals really dirty up the power by the way the draw current - and drive pedals are the most succeptible to noise from dirty power.

Try to daisy chain digital with digital and analog with analog. If the tuner is low draw, you'd be better off daisy chaining it with the timefactor/space imo.

Mickey

Reaction score
From personal experience, I strongly recommend not daisy chaining digital pedals with drive pedals. I would definitely not daisy chain the tuner with your drive pedal - it took me ages to figure out that the primary source of noise in my pedalboard was having a boss tu2 daisy chained with my drive pedals. Digital pedals really dirty up the power by the way the draw current - and drive pedals are the most succeptible to noise from dirty power.

Try to daisy chain digital with digital and analog with analog. If the tuner is low draw, you'd be better off daisy chaining it with the timefactor/space imo.

Thanks for that, duly noted. Probably chain the tuner with the wah and a Red Witch.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score

I had the same issues daisy chaining my polytune to anything else. Took me a bit, but my rig is dead quiet otherwise.

')