Poweramp Questions for Eleven Rack

• Thread starter ProgCorey
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ProgCorey

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm currently running my Eleven Rack through a Peavey Valveking 100w head (through return of fx-loop) but I'm going to upgrade to a more powerful solidstate rack mountable poweramp, but It's my first time looking into poweramps and I'm a bit confused.

Looking for a cheapish poweramp, and I'm quite unaware of how many watts I need, or what poweramps to get, etc.

Thanks!

Also for the edit, I'll be running into a 4x12 peavey cab that has a powerhandle of 400watts

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ryan-ZenGtr-

Reaction score
AS you have all your uigtar tone emulation trickery going on in your Eleven you should be able to use a PA power amp without any problems, so long as you have the correct impedance and cabling to your cab.

There's a lot of choice in PA power amps at many different budgets, rather than the limited number of models designed with guitarists in mind, which are mostly valve and intended to impart tone and colouration, such as the Mesa power amps with their various settings.

Chris O

Not The Dude...
Reaction score
I like the Rocktron Velocity series. Go with the one that suits your needs. Personally, I think the older ones sounded better. I did use the newer 300 when I had my 11R, and it did quite well. I'm using a newer 100 with my AxeFx currently.

ProgCorey

Reaction score
Awesome, thanks guys, I think I will go for the Velocity 300, also, jsut one more question, would I just run it into my cab at 16ohms mono (abridged)?

I'll only be using it to power my eleven rack.

')