Pre-order AXE FX from G66. How?

Johnathan

Gearhead
Reaction score
I have finally decided to get myself an Axe FX II. Since i live in Europe the only way to get a brand new one is through G66. It's for the moment out of stock and you can put yourself on a waiting list for one if you pre-order it.

On the product page the description reads:

"The Axe-Fx II Mark II is sold out worldwide at the moment, it should be shipping again in June/July. Pre-order now and your name will be put on the waiting list and we will inform you when we get a more precise shipping date. You don't commit to anything and there is nothing to pay before your unit is ready to ship."

So i go on ahead and start the pre-order procedure that i usually do when i order or pre-order stuff from the internet. When I confirm the pre-order, it automatically redirects me to paypal where it wants me to pay and confirm the purchase. Which is totally the opposite of what the description on the product page says.

Anyone here on SS.org from EU that has successfully pre-ordered one without paying that could walk me through how to do it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Same thing happened to me so I emailed asking how I pre-order, they told me this:

Hi Max,

Thank you for your interest in the Axe-Fx II. The Axe-Fx II is sold out worldwide at the moment, it should be shipping again in June. We will put you on the waiting list and inform you when we know more about the shipping date. There is nothing to pay before it’s ready to ship, so if you would order online it would be the ‘prepayment’ option you would chose to skip the payment procedure – I’m sorry if that isn’t explained clear enough on the site.

Kind Regards

Sussi

"Prepayment" seems like an odd word to use for skipping payment, but they are based in Germany I think? So it may well not be their first language.

bebbe

Reaction score
Sweden, ie In a distant galaxy, far far away
Same thing happened to me so I emailed asking how I pre-order, they told me this:

"Prepayment" seems like an odd word to use for skipping payment, but they are based in Germany I think? So it may well not be their first language.

So did you complete the procedure, did it turn out to involve some kind of down-payment at the end?

mnemonic

Custom User Title
Reaction score
So did you complete the procedure, did it turn out to involve some kind of down-payment at the end?

The email said she would put me on the list so I didn't bother going back to the page and going through the 'prepayment' option.

It shouldn't require a down payment, as the website and sussi's email said. If you're not sure about getting on the list through the website, I'd just email asking to be put on the waiting list.

Latest posts

')