Presentation of a new custom 8 string

• Thread starter Materiaband
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Some woodworkers embed coins in their work as a date stamp. :)

Looks like a nice build, but it's hard to tell from the blurry cameraphone pics... maybe clean your lens.

One question, though... this guitar and the first one don't have any visible truss rod access. How is the truss rod adjusted?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
That thing is a beauty. Not my cup of tea body shape wise, but nice none the less. :)

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Interesting, though I'd like to see better fret access. It's kind of pointless to have that many extra frets if you can't even use them. Not bad otherwise, though. What is that screw in the middle of the body by the pickup for? Is that the cover for the truss rod?

Reaction score
Interesting, though I'd like to see better fret access. It's kind of pointless to have that many extra frets if you can't even use them?

I dont need any frets down 26. So it was a luthier idea to make 30 for a cool look and etc. For normal playing purposes fret acess is just perfect.

a truss rod adjustable from the side of the neck made by gotoh

I dont think that it is gotoh system. It is a luthier system.

demolisher

Reaction score
that guitars tone is sooooo good. HEAVVVY. any info on the wood choices?

phaeded0ut

droooooneeeeeeeee!
Reaction score
Really pretty work! Have to agree, a good choice in the sculpted upper horn in order to keep things kindly while in a playing position. Thanks for sharing!

Latest posts

')