Pretending to be a Luthier.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
ONE-DOES-NOT-SIMPLY-BUILD-AN-AWESOME-JIG.jpg

:lol: Best part is... It was made only to drill 2 holes. Not even 1" deep. Oh the joy of having spare time.

edit: it will certainly be getting used for a ton other things now btw.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Snout

Reaction score
Ok shall we start taking bets on how long it'll be before you've built your own CNC with this stuff? :lol:

This was my thinking.

Having just built an MDF CNC machine for the intention of making guitars, this Ally stuff looks aweome

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
That's one hell of a jig. Pure awesomeness. At least now you can use it for doing all your other drilling. :)

TomParenteau

Tube & Analog Snob
Reaction score
I'm being redundant, but I still have to say, "What a great way to extend the range of a small drill press."

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
I'm being redundant, but I still have to say, "What a great way to extend the range of a small drill press."
Yep, what i like the most is that you can secure whatever you are drilling VERY well. With a normal drillpress you have very little space to secure it.

what's the word scherzo??? is this thing done yet??
Naw man. Started school again last week, and the time I am at home I simply rest mah leg. I can barely stand looking at the guitar unfinished while I'm here, but I'll finish it eventualy.

Scherzo where do you get all the metal (aluminum?) to make these awesome jigs/tools.

Parker - IPS/ALUMINUM EXTRUSION

Found a small store near me and bought a bunch.

BlackMetalSins

Converted 8 Stringer
Reaction score
I read through the entire thread...jaw dropped, wide eyed, and shocked at how clean, and detailed your photo progress was.. But now that I am at the end of the thread... I am quite dissatisfied there isn't more pics and progress updates :squint:

Nice work though, it looks amazing! :bowdown:

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score

Wretched

Reaction score
What an epic thread. Pure win!
Can't wait to see your axe finished.

')