Pretty average NGD, but doubled.

Levi79

Reaction score
2 new 7 projects!
biggrin.gif
I ordered this 7421 a month and a half ago and never got to me until today due to the Canadian Postal Strike. About a week after I ordered the 7421 I found a Kijiji ad that was titled 'IBANEZ RG 7 STRING 4 SALE $160" There was no pics, and I was almost sure it would be a 7321, but I thought what the hell and asked for the serial number. It turned out to be Japanese. It was like 3 or 4 hours away from me, but I remember a friend said he was going to this city to see family that weekend. I got him to pick it up for me. I realized that the trem post was crooked when I finally got it which sucks, but won't be too too hard to fix. Both of these guitars a getting totally new looks too. I plan to paint the 7420 white and the 7421 is going to get a distressed stain look. Anyway I waited till the 7421 came to make an NGD thread, so here it is. Onto the pics!

Ibanez RG7420
photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo-1.jpg

Ibanez RG7421
IMG187.jpg

IMG188.jpg

IMG191.jpg

IMG194.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Goatchrist

Reaction score
Congrats!

Post pictures of the refinished guitar when it's done! :)

Levi79

Reaction score
The perfect excuse to replace that trem with an OFR! :D
Haha, if I had the cash I totally would man. The 7420 is probably going to get the hole fixed, painted and sold or traded. I have 2 7421's now and this 7420, no need for 3 of the same guitar. And I don't have much use for a trem. I'd rather sell it and use the money to fund an 8. :hbang:

And I'll definitely be making New New Guitar Day threads for each of my 3 RG7's I'm redoing.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
That's what I love about RG7s. You can really fix them up and make them your own. It's cool to see what everyone has done with theirs, and I look forward to seeing these done up!

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
congrats on the axes!

that trem post hole should be an easy fix...prob got drop right on the trem and egged the wood. string tension and friction are whats holding it in place. or maybe they glued it.

Levi79

Reaction score
That's what I love about RG7s. You can really fix them up and make them your own. It's cool to see what everyone has done with theirs, and I look forward to seeing these done up!
Exactly man. that's why I bought 3 beater RG7's. They are all going to come out totally different guitars.

Are you planning on cooking the 7420?
:lol: No. That's what they said over at UG too. My friend picked up the guitar for me and I didn't get pictures of it before he got it. He sent them to me because he wasn't going to be back for 3 days and I wanted to see it. I thought these pictures were fine so I didn't take anymore. Why he had it on a stove I do not know :lol:

Levi79

Reaction score
Yeah it should be fun. I have another RG7421 that is already sanded down too. I still gotta figure out what I'm going to do with each of them.
One of the hardtails is for sure getting a natural/stain/distressed kind of look. I'm thinking of giving it RGD style bevels, but more subtle. CL/LF will probably go in that one and stay in B standard.
The other hardtail is going to be painted white and given black binding along with a hipshot bridge and some distressed covered BKP Painkillers or Aftermaths when I can afford them and go in Drop G# most likely. I've always had a thing for white guitars with black hardware.
The 7420 I kind of want to sell because I never get much use out of trems anyway. I can't decide whether to swirl this one or paint it white along with the 7421. I'm almost set on selling the 7420 though, probably make some decent profit if I refinish it, fix the problems and then sell it.

Since people seem to like it, here's my 1990 540 S LTD in Desert Yellow. This was my dream guitar. I figured I would never find one so I started saving to buy a used 20th anniversary RG550. I had $550 saved up and this guitar popped up on Kijiji 2 hours away from me. The guy literally played it twice in 1990 and stored it in the case. Absolutely totally mint. Threw some D-Activators in it and it turned into a beast. Currently in Drop B.
S540color.jpg

Latest posts

')