Prey (2017)

• Thread starter QuantumCybin
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
How did I forget this game existed? I played the original back in 2006 when it came out and loved it. But this....re-imagining of the game is fucking fantastic. I'm like 15-20 hours in. It's like BioShock, System Shock, Half-Life, Dead Space all came together to produce an amazing baby. If they ever made System Shock 3, this would be it. So good.

KnightBrolaire

mothman is real and stole my catalytic converter
Reaction score
it's just system shock 2 mixed with prophunt lol. I really enjoyed it, but it's nothing like the original prey in any way other than they're both FPS games.
I kind of preferred the ridiculousness of the OG prey. The weird alien flesh doors, ratchet and clank style magnetic wall/ceiling walking, weird ass alien acid crab grenades and the whole spirit world thing.
Also there is a modernized system shock reboot coming out, and system shock 3 at some point as well. The reboot looks really good actually.

QuantumCybin

Lost In Thought
Reaction score
it's just system shock 2 mixed with prophunt lol. I really enjoyed it, but it's nothing like the original prey in any way other than they're both FPS games.
I kind of preferred the ridiculousness of the OG prey. The weird alien flesh doors, ratchet and clank style magnetic wall/ceiling walking, weird ass alien acid crab grenades and the whole spirit world thing.
Also there is a modernized system shock reboot coming out, and system shock 3 at some point as well. The reboot looks really good actually.

Really?? I didn't know about system shock 3 or a reboot. that's awesome. and yeah, the environments and lore in this one are super cool but I wanna go back and play the one from 2006 because I was what, 13 or 14 at the time and I remember it being a total mindfuck with the environments

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ImNotAhab

ChronicUnderachiever
Reaction score
I really enjoyed Prey, there was so many great parts but the level design and aesthetic really stood out for me.

I did not enjoy the combat side of the game though, the balance of how how tough the enemies are was a little off (to me at least) to the point where the later game it was not enjoyable. The neuromod powers were very cool though.

I hated another part of the game that i do not want to spoil... Im sure you can guess if you played.

Latest posts