Price Check! [Not sure if a guitar you're selling is priced right, post here.]

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

espdna

Reaction score
how much is a mim fender roadhouse strat worth? perfect condition. hardly ever used.

FILTHnFEAR

Dread it, run from it....
Reaction score
What about an Ibby S920e. Great condition, only the slightest of swirl marks on the front, no dings/scratches/dents.

I'm thinking about $600. Sound fair?

Mangle

Breaker
Reaction score
I'm still wondering about my left-handed Dean USA RC7 Xenocide - dead mint.... not a scratch, ding or dent on it. Case has a little bit of wear on it. I believe there are 6 of these in existence. Special run through the guy at XLG down in Florida.

He's still got one posted that he's asking $2,999.00 for brand new. That seems to be the asking price for brand new right handed ones as well. Trying not to jack myself by asking too little. Not in a real big hurry to sell but, I'd like to know what the actual value of these bad boys are. (In b4, "Whatever someone will willingly pay?!")

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Ebart

Reaction score
Hey guys, looking to part with my year 2000 Parker Fly Mojo Flame cherry burst guitar and factory hard case. It is all stock and dead mint. Not sure what a good asking price is? Thanks in advance!

Contagion

Reaction score
Schecter Hell raiser Hybrid six string Floyd Rose. I bought this in August of 2015 for $1100. I paid $90 for new strings and a complete new setup. I have put 3 hours playing time. EMG 57/66's perfect shape. Thank you gentleman.

cs31154

Reaction score
My dad got me an Ibanez AX-7221 (sorry no pictures available) it has a few small dings in the body and is missing the truss rod cover (which I would also like to replace so if I could get somewhere to by the cover would be great) So what do you think it's worth?:scratch:

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
Am I allowed to ask for a sale appraisal if I'm new? I don't think I read that in the beginners must read thread.

Wolfos

Guitarded
Reaction score
Ok I just got told from another user it's OK to get an appraisal.

What's the value of a
EBMM JP7 - Pearl Red Burst
- DiMarzio Crunch Lab and Liquifire PUPS
- Piezo pickup
- Dot inlays
- maple headstock
- with OHSC & tremolo arm

I've seen all kinds of prices on the Internet so I'd like to know what's a legit asking price.

Gushman123

Good night my sides
Reaction score
I'm about to buy an used Jackson USA sl1 soloist and i was wondering that if the price should be around 1000-1300€ on those guitars?

HerbalDude420

Reaction score
I'm curious what price I should be charging for my Agile Septor Elite 730 Black Flame this particular model has not been available for purchase from rondomusic for about a years time. I have owned it a year and played it very little due to problems with my hands. I have had some customization's professionally installed.

It has a custom 7 string set(StringJoy)
a lace deathbar/xbar(bridge/neck)
coil split for your strat tones

Dimarzio 250k push pull pot

With .047 Orange drop cap(tone)

Proline 250k volume pot
A Proline bone nut

All in all I have spent about $800 - $900 dollars(guitar and customization included). I currently have it priced at $600 with $40 shipping does that seem fair?

Attachments

• lzns9pdav6oone2fhfvf.jpg
    lzns9pdav6oone2fhfvf.jpg
    130.7 KB · Views: 10
  • qj783cwv6pgcrbxdfig2.jpg
    qj783cwv6pgcrbxdfig2.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 19

Jeffbro

Banned
Reaction score
I'm curious what price I should be charging for my Agile Septor Elite 730 Black Flame this particular model has not been available for purchase from rondomusic for about a years time. I have owned it a year and played it very little due to problems with my hands. I have had some customization's professionally installed.

It has a custom 7 string set(StringJoy)
a lace deathbar/xbar(bridge/neck)
coil split for your strat tones

Dimarzio 250k push pull pot

With .047 Orange drop cap(tone)

Proline 250k volume pot
A Proline bone nut

All in all I have spent about $800 - $900 dollars(guitar and customization included). I currently have it priced at $600 with $40 shipping does that seem fair?

People are so delusional in this thread I swear...

That guitar is 400 new, you switched a $200 set of EMGs with a $200 set of laces, and added some extremely minor changes.

You'd be lucky to get $300 for it

Force

Jackson Addict
Reaction score
WTF is with the other noobs jumping in with their questions before the OP gets his answer?

I can tell Samir that a decent SL1 would go for that range in $US, in your neck of the woods if you get one for what you mentioned, you're doing well.

venrar

Reaction score
I'm looking at selling my 2013 Carvin DC727. I'm not really sure on the resell value of Carvin guitars today. Its a pretty basic spec:

Mahogany Body
5 piece walnut and maple neck
Rosewood Fretboard w/ no inlays
Stainless Steel Jumbo frets
Graph Tech saddles
Locking Tuners
Tung Oil finish

and with a hardshell case. I specced one out on the carvin website, and it comes out to $1200 US. Is $800 CAD a reasonable price for a guitar like this? Aside from some faint scratches on the front from picking, its completely mint, no dents or chips.

I should mention that I am in Canada, and given the current exchange rate, a new one from carvin, before taxes and shipping is $1600 CAD

TedintheShed

Retired bassist pretending to play guitar
Reaction score
Hey all,

I bought a Schecter KM7 MKII last year to see if I'd like the scale and playability of an ERG with a fixed bridge, and now I love it! So, I want an upgrade.

Research is showing a close fit may be a Jackson B7 neck through, so before I sell my guitar and buy one, the ideal situation would be to find someone who may trade with cash on my side, of course. Problem is, I have no idea of an objective, fair value. I don't want to insult the person when I make an offer with a perceived lowball. Would $1000- $1200 be fair (depending on condition, case, etc). Mine is near mint to mint, no case and no mods.

Thanks.

Curious36

Reaction score
Hello guitar gurus,
My bf bought a 2003 BC Rich Warlock Platinum Pro electric 6 string lefty back in 2003. Played less than 10 times...and it's been in its original hard shell case ever since. He decided to sell it and asked me to help. I've combed through 100's of websites without luck in finding another ounce of info on current going value, as I didn't find one of same year, condition, model & series available for sale to gauge the value, general ball park value even. It's in mint condition. Still has all the tiny pieces that it came with as he never installed them. It might could even pass for brand new it has so few finger length miles on it. Not even an entire songs worth of notes. If it were a pair of leather boots, they still need to be properly broke in before going an adventure in true cowboy style. Lol. Any suggested selling price point would be oh so helpful. Thanks in advance for wisdom and guidance shared shining a light at reasonable asking price.

Attachments

• IMG_0092.jpg
    IMG_0092.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 3
  • r20npu.jpg
    r20npu.jpg
    406.1 KB · Views: 5
  • soo7ph.jpg
    soo7ph.jpg
    283.7 KB · Views: 11

diagrammatiks

Reaction score
Can anyone verify my research that Korean strandbergs have been holding their price really well? The few I've seen have seen sold close to new cars price.

Hey all,

I bought a Schecter KM7 MKII last year to see if I'd like the scale and playability of an ERG with a fixed bridge, and now I love it! So, I want an upgrade.

Research is showing a close fit may be a Jackson B7 neck through, so before I sell my guitar and buy one, the ideal situation would be to find someone who may trade with cash on my side, of course. Problem is, I have no idea of an objective, fair value. I don't want to insult the person when I make an offer with a perceived lowball. Would $1000- $1200 be fair (depending on condition, case, etc). Mine is near mint to mint, no case and no mods.

Thanks.

The jacksons sold for around 2.8 to 3k. Typically go for 2k used but they are a bit rare. Km7 mkii generally 800-900 right now. But also...why trade? The mkii is a very good guitar already. I can understand if you had a 25.5 and needed a 27. But the km7 is already 26.5. Not much of a difference going to the Jackson.