Price Check! [Not sure if a guitar you're selling is priced right, post here.]

• Thread starter MaxOfMetal
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KnightBrolaire

SSO's unofficial pickup tester
Reaction score
Can anyone verify my research that Korean strandbergs have been holding their price really well? The few I've seen have seen sold close to new cars price.

OS models usually go for 1700-1900 USD ime, they generally hold their value pretty well. Custom shop bodens/made2measure/j-series hold their value even better due to not being as common on the used market. Even the Strictly 7 bodens still go for 2k+ easy

diagrammatiks

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Smoked Porter

Reaction score
I was in the market for a new six, but came across this Xiphos 7 locally at too good a price to pass up.

Pics- http://imgur.com/gallery/1WOCC

I may or may not keep it, because I don't need another seven at the moment, but on the other hand, I've always liked these, and they don't seem to come up too often. The previous owner put on a different volume knob, and some kind of Duncan in the bridge. Still has the stock D-activator neck.

Anyway, it plays and sounds great, but it's got cosmetic flaws (pictured in above link)- some dings and scratches, a chip on the back lower horn, missing truss rod cover, and some gunk and rust (or tarnishing? not sure) on the bridge. After cleaning the bridge and maybe finding a truss cover, what could I reasonably expect for it, without a case?

Lepinkäinen

Reaction score
I'm unfamiliar with pricing Mayones. What do you think of the price of this baritone setius 7? https://muusikoiden.net/tori/ilmoitus/1238419

1750 euro
Mahogany body and neck, maple fretboard
Maple top
Baritone 27"
Jumbo frets
Blue offset inlays
Luminlay sidedots
Recessed tom bridge
SD JB7 and Jazz
Sperzel locking tuners

metallifan3091

Reaction score
To clarify, I think it's the see-thru blue one with the SD Custom Custom and 59, NOT the one with the Schecter Pasadena pickups.

AliceLG

\m/^_^\m/
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be much of a european market for used Kiesels so I have no idea how to price mine. I have a VM8 I bought in 2016, black limba body, maple/black limba neck, in vintageburst. If I spec it right now it goes up to 2049$, which after import taxes into Germany (for example) would turn into a little over 2000€. The guitar is in immaculate state, a true case queen. I was thinking about listing it for 2000€ actually, thinking that cutting the wait time down to a couple of days and being able to provide as many photos and videos as the prospective buyer might need would be some added value. What do you guys think?

MatiasTolkki

Burn In Agony
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be much of a european market for used Kiesels so I have no idea how to price mine. I have a VM8 I bought in 2016, black limba body, maple/black limba neck, in vintageburst. If I spec it right now it goes up to 2049$, which after import taxes into Germany (for example) would turn into a little over 2000€. The guitar is in immaculate state, a true case queen. I was thinking about listing it for 2000€ actually, thinking that cutting the wait time down to a couple of days and being able to provide as many photos and videos as the prospective buyer might need would be some added value. What do you guys think?

I'd start more conservative in your price. any guitar loses 50 percent in value the minute you take it home. However, you can sorta fudge the numbers based on the guitar itself, especially because yours is a fan fret, it's still a very niche market so it will be hard to move if it's priced too high. I'd look at 1500 euros, and lower it if it doesn't sell at that price.

Dcm81

Reaction score

As there's no EU seller of Kiesels you should be able to sell it for quite a bit more than on the US market. If possible, check if there are other 2nd hand Kiesels, maybe Carvins, in the EU and just compare.

Here e.g. the price difference on a Carvin DC127 between UK and US seems quite large:
https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Guitars-...127&rt=nc&LH_PrefLoc=2&_trksid=p2045573.m1684

elkoki

Reaction score
Anyone know what an RG1570L (lefty) would go for? in this condition? I've seen them around Reverb but many of them are pretty chipped, scratched , etc. This one looks to be all stock, and it's in really clean condition, except for 3 small nicks that are pretty minor. Frets look nice, and the neck looks like it was hardly played.

Edit: i'm listing this on eBay

Last edited:

Gmork

Reaction score
Thinking of trading my ibanez sr375f fretless 5 string bass (paid about $600 CA new a couple yrs ago) for an ibanez sdgr 6 string bass. Wondering if its a good deal value wise??
Cant find any pricing info on the sdgr 6 string anywhere!
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

BTrip

Reaction score
I'm selling an Esp Ltd Alexi 200 series for $300. Is that a bit high?

777timesgod

Officially the unofficial Forum Censor
Reaction score
I'm selling an Esp Ltd Alexi 200 series for $300. Is that a bit high?
The price is not too high, its ok if the guitar is not damaged/badly scratched. You may need to reduce it for a quicker sale but test the water and see where it goes. You may reduce to 250$ down the line but check the 300 first.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Got an offer for a 2015 Schecter Blackjack SLS C-8 for $600USD in stock but excellent condition. Worth it ladies and gents?

warhead

Reaction score
What would be a reasonable price to ask for a Schecter Avenger A7+? Decent condition, late 90`s I guess.

UltimaWeapon

yolo-swag-3000
Reaction score
Id like to know what would be the price of a RC7 mahogany (ebony fretboard with circle dots) made in USA. Its made in 2009. Not manufactured anymore and its pretty rare. Found only one similar model with maple fretboard on reverb but the dude is asking 2800e.
Its in used condition (some scratches and dust :D )
dean.jpg

ChugThisBoy

Reaction score
Hey, I'd like to know how much can I get for My Ormsby GTR TX 7. It's all stock, no changes made. It's in very good condition (not mint because it's 3 years old guitar). I'm at work unfortunately so I don't really have time to search for exact specs but if someone want to help pal out, you can check them at Ormsby's page. I'm the second owner and I know for sure that this one is from one of the first runs from 2016. I'm located in Poland if that helps somehow. It comes with Ormsby case. I have the guitar in my awatar if you don't mind checking it out :) Thanks in advance!