Problems with band member

• Thread starter Riffer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
It’s been so prevalent down here that I very much view it as a casual drug, not really any differently than weed, just works in the opposite direction, but that’s the relationship I have with it, I know that’s not the case for others. I have plenty of friends who have been through the ringer with it, I just get sick of it after a night or two of doing it and I’m good for weeks/months without seeing it again.

That's somewhat true, although it obviously has a high potential to become a major problem very quickly, it's also shockingly expensive and (in my experience) not long lasting enough, or good enough fun, to be something that most people would want to do every day. So for most it's a party drug. And I do get what you mean when you say just getting sick of it. I say that as someone with a very addictive personality, who has had problems with other drugs, but not with coke at all. I do have shitty impulse control, so if people offer then I tend to accept (it's only polite!) but I have never actually bought the stuff myself. It's alright, but it's just... Bleh, whatever.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Came here to read about passive-aggressive interactions in bands and dudes' inability to have tough conversations, instead I found guys comparing notes on cocaine experiences.

Sevenstring, I love you.
metalocslypse.gif

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
That's somewhat true, although it obviously has a high potential to become a major problem very quickly, it's also shockingly expensive and (in my experience) not long lasting enough, or good enough fun, to be something that most people would want to do every day. So for most it's a party drug. And I do get what you mean when you say just getting sick of it. I say that as someone with a very addictive personality, who has had problems with other drugs, but not with coke at all. I do have shitty impulse control, so if people offer then I tend to accept (it's only polite!) but I have never actually bought the stuff myself. It's alright, but it's just... Bleh, whatever.

I won’t get into the discussion of prices and all that, but it’s all about who ya know down here. Hahahaha I also won’t discuss how much I’ve personally paid for over the years because I’ll give myself anxiety. :lol:

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
Not going to lie, it's terrible and ruined a good part of my life, but god damn I love cocaine lol

Haven't touched the stuff in a few years but god damn it's the powder of the gods.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Not going to lie, it's terrible and ruined a good part of my life, but god damn I love cocaine lol

Haven't touched the stuff in a few years but god damn it's the powder of the gods.

I used to feel the same about opiates, and that's what I feel now about my (prescribed) Ritalin. Drugs are good, man.

CanserDYI

Yeah, No, Definitely.
Reaction score
I used to feel the same about opiates, and that's what I feel now about my (prescribed) Ritalin. Drugs are good, man.
Opiates ruined about 5 years of my life and took just as many friends from my life. Glad you're clean now man.

I also can say the same about my wife's Adderall prescription. We just can't get enough of them.

I had to drop a lot of shit when my kids came, and I'm so glad I did.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Opiates ruined about 5 years of my life and took just as many friends from my life. Glad you're clean now man.

I also can say the same about my wife's Adderall prescription. We just can't get enough of them.

I had to drop a lot of shit when my kids came, and I'm so glad I did.

I’ve had opiates take a lot of people in my life out and some of them who didn’t die are now dealing with some serious kidney issues. In my early-mid 20’s I was eating pills like crazy, not even caring or thinking about the damage I was doing to myself long-term.

I’ve long considered seeing a doc about an adderal prescription but just seeing Amphetamine Salts on the side of the bottle reminds me that I’d most likely end up with a legal meth addiction if I did, so I just run myself ragged instead and chug coffee like a madman.

While I still dabble with substances on occasion, kratom taught me my lesson with indulging too much. That shit is so inconspicuous because the effects you have when taking it are NOTHING close to the withdrawals, which are worse than any withdrawal I’ve ever had from an opiate. It took getting addicted to a plant you can buy in fuckin’ gas stations and smoke shops to teach me a lesson about prolonged drug use.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Glad you're clean now man.

You and me both dude. Perhaps boringly I ended up just realising I was kinda miserable and needed to move on with my life. Something like... 10 years though? Not quite wasted, but invested unwisely. Instead these days I spend my money on rack gear and my wife; both new hobbies since I cleaned up. Not quite wasted but... :rofl:

nightflameauto

Reaction score
Conclusion after reading the last two pages: I've always lived in the wrong part of the country. I've never even seen coke IRL, though I did know a dude that swore he did it all the time. I was never sure if it was true 'cause that dude was one of the flakiest, weirdest motherfuckers I've ever met.

Weed though? Weed's everywhere.

LostTheTone

Elegant Djentleman
Reaction score
Conclusion after reading the last two pages: I've always lived in the wrong part of the country. I've never even seen coke IRL, though I did know a dude that swore he did it all the time. I was never sure if it was true 'cause that dude was one of the flakiest, weirdest motherfuckers I've ever met.

Weed though? Weed's everywhere.

You've probably been closer to it than you realise. Even if you never saw it. People really do just take a gram or two to the pub. I don't know why; waste of good drugs IMHO. But people who do coke take it everywhere. They aren't all sloppy bitches who flash it around, but they genuinely don't see why they shouldn't.

For those on this side of the pond, you would have seen in the news last week that a bunch of bathrooms next to the prime ministers office tested positive for cocaine. And, frankly, it doesn't surprise me even two seconds. I have moved in those circles (both political and coke heads) and they are the same type of people.

RevDrucifer

Reaction score
Take it more as about your environment that you were able to pick it up, then because of who you are?

I was being a bit sarcastic; I’ve always been pretty open about my drug use over the years and I’m sure Jaxadam has seen some of that. For many years I let my environment control who I was but those days are long gone. Now I’m just a shithead everywhere and anywhere.

Spicypickles

Sweeps & Mops
Reaction score
Hmmm.

I’m a fan of the ole white powder myself, but after all these accidental fentanyl overdoses, I think I’m good from now on. I’m currently trying (failing) to quit drinking, but a lot of that is genetics.

')