Production Model Swamp Ash Body/Bolt on Maple Neck?

• Thread starter ChaosKyle
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChaosKyle

Reaction score
I am looking for a non custom guitar with a swamp ash body and a maple neck, preferably 6 string. I searched Google and all that came up were PRS and tele/strats, which I'm not to fond of. Looking for a superstrat body and two humbucker pickup format. A search on these here forums came up with a long list of NGD customs and "what woodz get da djentz gaiz?". So if anyone can give me some help would be much appreciated.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

infernalservice

Reaction score
I just sold an ESP horizon with that combo, but with a rosewood board. That is like a classic vibe wood combo so not many modern options are out there.

Xibuque

Reaction score
I recommend a middle 90's ESP Horizon or the Rob Caggiano signature. You can find the middle 90's used on ebay and the price range is around 600 700 usd

558744_3109371033150_983139144_n.jpg

esp_robcaggiano_2012.jpg

rockstarazuri

Reaction score
Schecter SD 24 AS look it up

Having owned one it find it quite good for cleans, very resonant but I find it hard to cut thru the mix compared to my mahogany guitars because of the EQ of swamp ash

The Rastatute

Reaction score
Taylor SB1 is swamp ash and bolt on. I won one in a contest and then my dad fell in love with it. Its so versatile and the tone is awesome.

SirMyghin

The Dirt Guy
Contributor
Reaction score
G&Ls. The eat carvins for supper and are often found on the rack in Swamp Ash (if that is what the dealer orderred)

Jakke

Pretty wisdomous
Reaction score
There is a Canadian/Californian manufacturer called Larriveé that builds most of their electrics in swamp ash, they're not stupidly expensive either, and great guitars.

mikernaut

pixel pusher
Reaction score
Too bad your not fond of PRS's. I have to admit myself they took along time to grow on me.

The pups aren't totally geared for metal but my swamp ash PRS is one of the best guitars I have played and is my #2 or almost tied with my #1 player in the collection.

Lagtastic

Five Align
Reaction score
92-96 ESP M-II Deluxe. Swamp Ash body (there was a small Koa run), Maple neck, Maple or Rosewood board, H/S (easily routed for H/H). There's several on Ebay in good condition right now for around $1,000 USD. 1997 they changed to Alder for the body.

')