Prog Metal/Tech Metal

sunken0887

Reaction score
check out Martyr- feeding the abscess, Daniel Mongrain's band, dunno if they are around anymore but they are amazing technical death/thrash with a bit of math and groove in there

imo best tech death metal comes out of canada, can't go wrong with that stuff

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
check out Martyr- feeding the abscess, Daniel Mongrain's band, dunno if they are around anymore but they are amazing technical death/thrash with a bit of math and groove in there

imo best tech death metal comes out of canada, can't go wrong with that stuff

Jammed to Feeding the Abscess today :hbang:

Basti

not much space to wr
Reaction score
I understand Scepter is probably the more preferred album (Matthew Chalk and all that) but IMO you can't beat the riffing in Symbols

I'm listening to it now :hbang: I'm probably biased because Skin Coffin is my all time favourite anything but I haven't given SoF a good listen yet

gulli05

Music/Guitar Addict
Reaction score
These are my recommendations to you.

Persefone

Unexpect

To-Mera

Haken

Thorerges

Reaction score
Hey, I'm looking for some new Progressive or Technical Metal bands to listen to. Any suggestions? I already know Periphery and Animals as Leaders for Progressive, and bands like The Faceless, Beyond Creation, and August Burns Red (more Metalcore than Tech, but whatever :p) for Technical Metal. I really like Technical Death Metal or metal with minimal amounts of clean vocals.

Thanks guys, Stay Metal. \m/

Obscura - Omnivium

teamSKDM

Reaction score
the haarp machine, born of osiris, erra, scar symmetry, fallujah , after the burial , dark sermon , the contortionist , the devin townsend project (devin is one of the most genius musicians ever, but he may come off as weird at first but trust me.. genius) VEIL OF MAYA , vildhjarta , black crown initiate , substructure , all amazing prog/technical bands.

Taylor

Formerly... someone
Reaction score
Archspire:

First Fragment:

Vale of Pnath (not super technical, but still awesome IMO):

KJGaruda

Likes a good riff
Reaction score
Vale of Pnath
Son of Aurelius
Inferi
Despised Icon*
Job For A Cowboy*
Gorod
Rivers of Nihil
Wretched

Don't rule out the two asterisked ones. JFAC has picked up a ridiculous amount of badassery during and after the Ruination album and DI picked up some tech during and after The Ills of Modern Man.

')