Dimarzio Evolution 7 Vs Dsonic 7, Mahogany Body

• Dsonic 7

Votes: 10 41.7%
  • Evo 7

Votes: 14 58.3%

• Total voters

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
I dont want the Dsonic to be useless for leads, it seems that it might be too deep for mahogany... perhaps the Evo would be better balanced for it?

btw does the Dsonic 7 really hum as much as they say they do? if it does thats a huge no-no :nono:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MetalMike

IKILLUWITHMYBALDHEAD
Contributor
Reaction score
I know you're a RC fan. To put this into perspective, the Evo 7 almost has the clarity of Rusty's EMG 707 tone with a bit more warmth, which is what you'd expect from a passive pickup. However, the Evo's tend to show every nuance in your playing whereas the 707's can hide a sloppy player if dialed in correctly. If the Evo forces you to tighten up your chops, I'd say it's a good thing. :shred:

Karl Hungus

You're no daisy.
Contributor
Reaction score
As someone who has an Evo7 and DS7, both of them in Mahogany guitars. I think the DS7 is way muddier, and yes, it does hum a bit. I used to have an old CRT monitor, and it went crazy whenever it was near that.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
None of my other pickups did. Only the DS7.

Not that it matters now, I've got a lovely LCD and it doesn't drive the DS wild. :D

I'd get all types of interference off my old CRT when I had it. Hell, just plugging it in near my amps to test a PC would make them hum. :lol: Hate them things.

The DS7 was pretty noisy ungated in my old apt, now it's very quiet. Shocked me at first, since I thought I'd just have to live with the hum.

MF_Kitten

Set up us the bomb
Reaction score
i´d say Evo 7, with it´s snappy high-mids and tight low end...

also, i don´t like the idea that the D sonic is a humbucker that doesen´t really Buck alot of Hum...

guitarplayerone

Reaction score
looks like its going to be Evo...
i cant stand any sort of mud or interference of the dsonic sort

Latest posts