Programming w/ MT Power Drummer: Splash Issues

Bassman1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been using MT Power Drummer to program drums for my songs. And, I was wondering how you guys mix the splash?

There doesn't seem to be a specific track for the splash cymbal in the plugin's own mixer. I will show a screen shot below too. So, how do you mix the splash then? I am getting everything else to the level I like for the mix. Yet, I am scratching my head now on how to do the same for the splash.

Have any of you ran into this issue before? I appreciate any ideas!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

WarMachine

Reaction score
Hey Guys,

I've been using MT Power Drummer to program drums for my songs. And, I was wondering how you guys mix the splash?

There doesn't seem to be a specific track for the splash cymbal in the plugin's own mixer. I will show a screen shot below too. So, how do you mix the splash then? I am getting everything else to the level I like for the mix. Yet, I am scratching my head now on how to do the same for the splash.

Have any of you ran into this issue before? I appreciate any ideas!
Are you sending the drums to individual tracks or adjusting inside the vst? Sounds like inside the plugin, if you can't find it inside the plugin try sending the drum track to individual tracks.

Bassman1

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Are you sending the drums to individual tracks or adjusting inside the vst? Sounds like inside the plugin, if you can't find it inside the plugin try sending the drum track to individual tracks.
Yes, I'm trying to do so inside the VST.

Any idea or suggestions on how to send the drum tracks in the VST to individual tracks ? I would normally do this my using the mixer of the VST to send the tracks to the mixer in my DAW. But, since I can't see a track in the VST mixer for the splash cymbal, I'm not quite sure how to send it to its own individual track in the DAW mixer.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I’m pretty sure it just comes down one of the crash channels. If you have to mix it separately I would just program everything how you want it, solo that note and print a track, then remove it from the midi and mix it that way after you're done putting the music together. It's a free program so there are some limitations.

WarMachine

Reaction score
I'm using Reaper ! Thanks for any tips in advance.
Open your FX window, click on Options, the go to Build multichannel routing for output of selected FX. It will show a pop up asking if you want to route to stereo tracks. Click Yes (or OK whichever it was lol) and all your drum pieces should be sent to their own channels.

drum-routing.png