Progressive live stuff

• Thread starter Oddkid
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Oddkid

Reaction score
Basically i'm in the process of writing some music with a few friends of mine. It's going to be a progressive effort, written on 7-strings. In my head i'm feeling dropping from heavy overdriven metal to acoustic breaks and harmonies. My problem here is for ease of use on stage, i think it would be better to use an acoustic simulator pedal than try to find room for a semi acoustic on a stand.

The only one i know of is the BOSS AC-3, i demoed one today and although i would say there was a noticeable acoustic twang, i wouldn't say i was i was overwhelmed. I once had the chance to hear the acoustic simulator on a BOSS ME-50 and that was really impressive. Can anyone suggest anything else?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Piezo pickups with a graphtech acoustiphonic preamp, maybe? Those coupled with an acoustic simulator would probably be even more awesome.

Oddkid

Reaction score
I've heard of bridge mounted piezo's but i don't fancy swapping the pick-ups out of my BC Rich unless i'm swapping them for BKP's. I'm going to google those other bits to find out more about them. This is new to me.

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the AC-3 is the same acoustic simulator in thier modeling pedals....I don't think you have to change pickups to use a Piezo bridge, jsut the bridge or string saddles.

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure the AC-3 is the same acoustic simulator in thier modeling pedals....I don't think you have to change pickups to use a Piezo bridge, jsut the bridge or string saddles.

True story.... You keep the magnetic and have a switch for the saddle mounted piezos.

JP7 w/ piezo -> PA

....or an Ibanez 2027x could satisfy for a little cheaper.:agreed:

Oddkid

Reaction score
That's annoying, none of those are for floyd rose trems.

Winspear

Winspear // Noisemother
Reaction score
Nope afraid not. A few guys have done mods but it takes metalwork.
All I can think of outside piezo is settling for an acoustic simulator.

Oddkid

Reaction score
and the AC-3 is about the only one? Shame, i guess that's settled that purchase for me then. I like the idea of stands and extra guitars but i simply

A.) Can't afford it
B.) Can't afford it
and C.) Can't guarantee i'll have space in venues for it on stage.

I hate being largely poor.

Don't we all just wish we had the income the Iron Maiden crowd have sometimes?

Honestly, thanks for the help everyone, much appreciated.

Latest posts

')