Progressive/Technical Thrash

• Thread starter SenorDingDong
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Herrick

Hello Mangs
Reaction score
Herrick also recommends the technical sexcellence of Coroner. Check out their first three albums. The other two albums are still very good but they changed their sound.

MetalMike04

Lefty cursed...
Reaction score
Anatares Predetor
Ouroboros (ex-Dred)
old old Meshuggah was kinda thrashy

theres my 2 cents

Semi-pro

Reaction score
^ Fire proven! Fire proveeee-eeeeenn! :hbang: Maybe a bit too deathy for OP's needs but Irradiant is pretty dope and quite thrashy at times.

stone was FUCKING awesome
Be sure to check out the album "No Anaesthesia!". Had it been heard outside this funny little country when it came out, i guess it'd now be a metal classic. Also featuring a bunch awesome hooks that later some guy called Alexi ripped off for his band called Bodom something...:lol:

MetalMike04's right about the early Meshuggah. Contradictions Collapse is awesome stuff for the moments you feel like thrash with tons of instrumensturbation (lol!). Also the debut EP, that can be found on RareTrax compilation.

Mmmm... I guess Martyr is considered more tech death, but "Warp Zone" is an amazing album and definitely full of awesome riffage and tasty compositions.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Mmmm... I guess Martyr is considered more tech death, but "Warp Zone" is an amazing album and definitely full of awesome riffage and tasty compositions.

I dunno what Martyr is, other than awesome. Control Denied definitely fits the description, though.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Disillusion's album "Back To Times Of Splendor" is for you. :yesway:

Granted, it's my favorite album on the face of the earth, so I may be biased...

SenorDingDong

Smeller of Smells
Reaction score
^ Fire proven! Fire proveeee-eeeeenn! :hbang: Maybe a bit too deathy for OP's needs but Irradiant is pretty dope and quite thrashy at times.

Be sure to check out the album "No Anaesthesia!". Had it been heard outside this funny little country when it came out, i guess it'd now be a metal classic. Also featuring a bunch awesome hooks that later some guy called Alexi ripped off for his band called Bodom something...:lol:

MetalMike04's right about the early Meshuggah. Contradictions Collapse is awesome stuff for the moments you feel like thrash with tons of instrumensturbation (lol!). Also the debut EP, that can be found on RareTrax compilation.

Martyr was awesome bro, i don't mind the death metal aspects as long as they're not the low grunting vocals

')