Project Xiphos 2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

lewis

Reaction score
Ahh okay so when he said "Hipshot hardware" he literally meant ALL Hipshot. :yesway:
I may have to revise the idea of Hipshot bridge because I like the idea of top loaded for a change and fill all the string through holes. And hipshot dont offer any of them as far as Ive seen?
So seeing as this new bridge is, I could just upgrade the saddles to Graphtech black ones and call it a day regards to bridge. This one is surprisingly nice/solid.

But everything else will be Hipshot defo!

Bearitone

Reaction score
I may have to revise the idea of Hipshot bridge because I like the idea of top loaded for a change and fill all the string through holes. And hipshot dont offer any of them as far as Ive seen?
So seeing as this new bridge is, I could just upgrade the saddles to Graphtech black ones and call it a day regards to bridge. This one is surprisingly nice/solid.

But everything else will be Hipshot defo!

Wait so what brand is that gold bridge?

lewis

Reaction score
Wait so what brand is that gold bridge?
just a no brand ebay purchase dude. Just wanted cheap and cheerful shit until the neck swap happens.

Seems to be a steel bridge/gold plating.

EDIT: But it has loads more quality than I expected. With better saddles Im sure it would be absolutely fine haha. Plus I tend to prefer the twangier nature of steel over brass plates anyway.

Last edited:

lewis

Reaction score
I see an Inny board I wanted it painted black.
Im eyeing up new necks. A 26.5 scale ebony board is available atm and Im also holding out to see if some Maple board necks turn up (preferably at that same scale) before I decide what to do.

Im with you though. This rosewood is a nightmare. For example, how much better does this look -

Ebony.jpg

lewis

Reaction score
Buy the ebony one just in case. Don’t let your dreams be dreams.
I think Im going to.
Worst case scenario is I end up with two 26.5 necks - 1 maple board, the other Ebony - and I use the other one on my current Ibanez and get that refinished too haha

lewis

Reaction score
Y'know... Black and gold has the Les Paul Custom vibe going on... Maybe you need ANOTHER XPT?
I had thought this myself. I might get this one done and look for the neck through 7 string xiphos and keep that black and do this /Black/Gold/White theme on that instead.

They pop up in the UK every now and again.

Bearitone

Reaction score
Since you’re getting it refinished, have you thought about converting to direct mount for the pickups?

EDIT i: oops nvm your mock-up shows you are. Ignore me lol

LiveOVErdrive

CNC hack
Reaction score
Im eyeing up new necks. A 26.5 scale ebony board is available atm and Im also holding out to see if some Maple board necks turn up (preferably at that same scale) before I decide what to do.

Im with you though. This rosewood is a nightmare. For example, how much better does this look -

View attachment 67797
Man that black fretboard with the black body looks sharp.

You should go true xiphos fashion and have chameleon pigment sprayed over the black. Really show off those bevels.

Mathemagician

Reaction score
I think EQ guitars or aviator guitars uses a flatmount bridge that allows for both top load and string through back strings.