Proof I (and my friends) am star wars nerds

• Thread starter JakeRI
  • Start date
  • Tags
    star wars
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BrainArt

Deftones Guru.
Reaction score
why would you want to hang out with a guy who ran out of originality over 25 years ago and who has turned something that most people love (SW) into nothing more than a corporate money machine?

i'm not jealous of that! i'd rather live near a beach than that. :lol:

I live near a few beaches as well, :fawk: I'd want to hang with him because he has one cool beard.

Reaction score
Hahaha. I'm watching ep 2 right now! Lol. Bandmates got me into star wars. Our drummer has every DVD, book, foo hickey, like everything star wars. We have a talking yoda in the band room, we ask him advice on songs and stuff, he always delivers! FUCK...

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
My lightsaber collection. :fawk:
light.jpg

[/thread] :lol:

NLSD anytime soon?

JakeRI

Reaction score
Star Wars is badass! Time to make some of you guys jealous; I live about 45 minutes away from George Lucas' home. :hbang: I love living where I'm at, I've got Lucas, EMG, Mesa, and Alembic in a hour radius from my house, though EMG, Mesa and Alembic are only about 20 minutes away.

i know a guy who works for hasbro high up in the star wars division. he had his face scanned and it is on a star wars action figure, and he goes to lucas' private island regularly and meets with him.

windu

Reaction score
refering to the first post. mace windu would be possilby the only real match when it comes to all around jedi against luke

windu master the 7 forms dammit!

<3 me some Star wars

7 Strings of Hate

Mid-Level Asshole
Contributor
Reaction score
That being said, pre-NOOOOO! Anakin could have mopped the floor with RotJ Luke. Anakin was the "chosen one" and was trained from a young age to be a powerful badass. Luke's life was farming and power converters until Episode IV. Even by Episode VI, he was a freakin' n00blet by comparison.

BULLSHIT!!! If you notice, anakin trained in the force for about what, 10 years before he became vader? Luke trained for far less to be at the level to take on vader. He was like a prodigy, even more so than anakin. Also, at a certian point in the movies or books ( i cant remember which) they say that when there are many beings that weild the force, the force is very strong in everyone, but when there are few weilders in the force, then the force diminishes in its overall power for the remaining weilders. So luke had just a hand full of serious force users in his time while young anakin had every tom dick and harry throwing force mojo everywhere. Hence, anakin appearing more bad ass, If luke were alive in that time, he would be much more powerfull, which would also explain why in the years after the movies, luke becomes more and more powerfull because he restores the jedi order

:fawk:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
BULLSHIT!!! If you notice, anakin trained in the force for about what, 10 years before he became vader? Luke trained for far less to be at the level to take on vader. He was like a prodigy, even more so than anakin. Also, at a certian point in the movies or books ( i cant remember which) they say that when there are many beings that weild the force, the force is very strong in everyone, but when there are few weilders in the force, then the force diminishes in its overall power for the remaining weilders. So luke had just a hand full of serious force users in his time while young anakin had every tom dick and harry throwing force mojo everywhere. Hence, anakin appearing more bad ass, If luke were alive in that time, he would be much more powerfull, which would also explain why in the years after the movies, luke becomes more and more powerfull because he restores the jedi order

:fawk:

I'm not sure how much him being able to take on Vader really counts for him. Vader had the same force handicap Luke did, plus he had some serious inner turmoil going on. Vader's lungs being scorched was probably a pretty bad handicap, too.

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
i know a guy who works for hasbro high up in the star wars division. he had his face scanned and it is on a star wars action figure, and he goes to lucas' private island regularly and meets with him.
Which figure? I probably own it.

As for the whole Luke vs. Vader debate, Vader never had a full command of the darkside till after he donned the suit (Dark Lord: The Rise of Darth Vader.) The suit restricted him from learning many techniques he could have because he couldn't channel it through his body (ie: lightning.) Also Palpatine didn't really teach him much. He viewed Vader along with the rest of his apprentices as tools. He taught them enough to do his bidding and stopped at that. Had Vader not been horribly injured, and killed off Palpatine and studied via holocrons, Luke probably wouldn't have had a chance.

As for the nature of the force: Lightside strives and grows from the existence of many lifeforms and finding tranquility in your self (many books, comics, even the movies). The dark side feeds on emotions and death. The rule of 2 was meant to keep the dark side strong by limiting it's spread into too many beings (Darth Bane: Path of Destruction.)

Personally I think Darth Bane (especially with the orbalisks) Darth Reven or the Jedi Exile could have taken them both at the same time.

Bungle

Sir Roger Moore, KBE
Reaction score
I got my Boba Fett hoodie yesterday. Bought it off eBay.

Very nice.

Also thought I'd throw up some pics of some other stuff...
IMG_1295.jpg

IMG_1297.jpg

IMG_1296.jpg

Latest posts

')