Prostitution: Should it be legal?

• Thread starter leftyguitarjoe
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JJ Rodriguez

Contributor
Reaction score
Does the 11th time count as prostitution then since it would be free?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Bradd

Reaction score
I know right? Seems like no one knows about it.

Prostitution in Australia - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Also, not to be a downer, but this article indicates that (depending on the state) the illegal prostitution business is between 4 and 9 times as large as the legal version. So while it seems to have reduced the problem, it might not work here as well as some might have hoped.

DUDES! have you not been to kings cross in sydney???

I mean, ahh, i've heard they have them there :p

But yeah even here in cairns we have 2 brothels. I never see a hooker on the street anymore. The brothels pay taxes, the clients pay the brothels, and the brothels pay the girls, does it get any simpler?

A mate and i went to one of them a couple of years ago (my mate was hard up - literally lol) and you even got a selection of 4 different girls!

(we chose none, they were all scraggy n shit n old - granted we were only like 18 haha)

But yeah I believe it works, legalise brothels, take the hookers off the street (along with the drugs and diseases) and you have a good working system! :)

Reaction score
The only way prostitution should be legal (in my eyes) is that if the broads are 100% free of disease. I've seen some nasty hookers in Halifax. There's one on Gottigen (well, there are 1,000) that I see early in the morning. She walks around digging at her crotch and is often seen walking away from men.

You can tell she's fucked on drugs, too.

EDIT: Actually, I don't really care if it's legal or not. I think there should be more support groups to help clean up prostitutes, educate them (or find them some sort of job), and get them off the streets.

')