Protest the Hero Go Independant/Label-less, Fundraiser for New Album : $125k Goal

• Thread starter CloudAC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
Protest the Hero said:
Dear friends, listeners, well-wishers, and soothsayers,

The first of many announcements is upon us. It's one small step for band, and one giant leap for band-kind (not really). Today, we nervously begin our campaign to raise money for the production of our new record. We will no longer be accepting monetary advances from labels to fund albums. We now turn to our friends, family, and our fans to help us make this album. Please take a look at our campaign - then decide whether to throw us a couple bucks or a couple of middle fingers!

Protest the Hero NEW ALBUM | Indiegogo

Didn't really see this coming, $125k is a very big goal. I hope they get enough money for the next album, I am a big fan of this band.

What are everyone's thoughts on this? Will you be donating?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Konfyouzd

Return of the Dread-I
Reaction score
Forgive my ignorance but do you need that much to make an album?

Hemi-Powered Drone

Dragonblade629
Reaction score
They already have over $6000, I think the odds will be in their favour.

I'm jealous of whoever buys the pizza party thing.

Forgive my ignorance but do you need that much to make an album?

Scroll to the bottom of the page they have a price breakdown.
Making an album is fucking expensive.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
"Pizza Party At Tim's House

You and 3 of your friends will join the Protest boys for a pizza party at Tims house in Toronto. All food and beverages are covered and we will party the night away. You will sleep snug and sound in Tims spare bedrooms (if you need to). Tim makes an incredible homemade pizza and will keep em coming until you say stop. But even then, he will keep serving them. Not Local? We will take over your kitchen and throw a pizza party while on the road."

My god, what a hell of a night that would be.

jjfiegel

Reaction score
I'll more than likely contribute twenty-five, though I'd love to do the hundred dollar one, or if I was rich the top two ones. To get my money's worth I'd have them cover Octavarium or something like that.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
If I bought that song cover package, id likely make them cover something like 'Dancing Queen' or 'Like A Virgin' :lol: I think Rody would do those songs epic justice.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
I was just gunna post this. Been a huge fan of the band for a few years now, sucks to see that they've been shafted by record labels, but I honestly see this as a good thing and the way that all musicians at their level of popularity should go. Can't wait to see what this vinyl is like lol

JosephAOI

Thinks Jazz = Metal
Reaction score
They're already at $13,000 and it's been up for less than an hour!!!

You guys know what I was thinking? MEGA promo for yourself. Pay them the $2,500 and have them cover your own song.

AngstRiddenDreams

Filthy Casual
Reaction score
This is so awesome! Good for them!
I think that all of these are super cool. It would cooler than shit to be on the record, or have them cover a song. :lol:

Jake

GAS Master
Reaction score
wow just watched it jump $2000 in a matter of minutes. Good for them :D

Don Vito

Reaction score
I wish I could afford the 5k package.

I would add some Dani Filth bat screeches to go with the theme of the new shirt.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
I gotta see if I can swing it, but league of extraordinary gentlemen is calling my name.

CloudAC

Chaz
Reaction score
$1250 for the Pizza Party, and you can bring 3 friends. Splitting the price between your mates would totally be worth it in my books! :lol:

Latest posts

')