Protest the Hero Go Independant/Label-less, Fundraiser for New Album : $125k Goal

• Thread starter CloudAC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

tmfrank

Reaction score
Well, the album has officially leaked! After a brief skim of it (I'm in school so I can't do much), it's certainly the most diverse work they're ever put out. Very Kezia-inspired in some parts. I think you'll all dig it!

protest

Reaction score
Well, the album has officially leaked! After a brief skim of it (I'm in school so I can't do much), it's certainly the most diverse work they're ever put out. Very Kezia-inspired in some parts. I think you'll all dig it!

Sweet. That's what I was hoping for. I'll have to download this when I get home, even though I'll be buying it when it comes out. I'm just too impatient to wait, and need to hear it now lol.

tmfrank

Reaction score
Sweet. That's what I was hoping for. I'll have to download this when I get home, even though I'll be buying it when it comes out. I'm just too impatient to wait, and need to hear it now lol.

Hahah, I totally get it. I've pre-ordered it on Itunes, through their Indieagogo campaign, AND through their normal pre-orders. So I feel okay about it :lol:

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Just finished listening to it start to finish. Like every PTH album its going to take a couple of listens to sink in and understand.

Luke has really stepped up his guitar playing.

anomynous

Reaction score
I like how the album comes out in less tham two weeks and they haven't shown the backer artwork yet.....or ask if anybody needs to change their address.....or anything in regards to indiegogo people yet

kylendm

Electrical Mercenary
Reaction score
The gang vocals in the end of drumhead trial just brought back memories of keiza. I can't ....ing wait.

RagtimeDandy

On a Musical Journey
Reaction score
I like how the album comes out in less tham two weeks and they haven't shown the backer artwork yet.....or ask if anybody needs to change their address.....or anything in regards to indiegogo people yet

I think the assumption is made that if you need to change the address, you make the contact?

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
So, does anyone know when the people who did the crowd funding pre-order will receive their physical copy? Also I want to figure out if its possible to have them ship my copy to a new address since I'm out of college now and have my own place, I don't need to us my moms address anymore haha. I'm debating what the best way to contact them would be. I just tried their facebook, hopefully that will get a response but I'm not sure.

anomynous

Reaction score
I think the assumption is made that if you need to change the address, you make the contact?

You would think that, but they had a page on their site set up so people who got shirts, etc could do that without having to email them. It was also used to verify your address/size.

on another note: Are those guest vocals on Underbite?

Captain_Awesome

Cloudwalker
Reaction score
If they carry the energy of this album to their live shows, I will be a happy chappy :agreed:

Can't wait for my CD to arrive so I can appreciate this fully, certainly their most accomplished sounding album to date.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Some nice Fortress'y moments in there. The chill transitions were a nice blast from the past, Scurrilous really lacked those.

Nats

Reaction score
Can't wait to dl this later. So psyched. Everything has sounded so good so far. Since they went over their goal I feel like I don't even have to buy it!

Captain_Awesome

Cloudwalker
Reaction score
Can't wait to dl this later. So psyched. Everything has sounded so good so far. Since they went over their goal I feel like I don't even have to buy it!

And yet you probably still should... As far as I'm aware, they reinvested a hefty portion of the additional money back into merch, gear etc. I understand what you're saying but if you didn't actually contribute to the campaign then you're essentially stealing from/leeching off A) the band and B) the people who paid for the album. You're not screwing a major label, you're hurting a relatively small band.

Apologies if you are in fact buying it or did contribute to the campaign but the general consensus around here (I know you're a more senior member than me, haha) is that you should pay for music you love and I thought I should make that clear for anyone else listening to the leaked version.

toiletstand

/\'...'/\
Reaction score
So, does anyone know when the people who did the crowd funding pre-order will receive their physical copy? Also I want to figure out if its possible to have them ship my copy to a new address since I'm out of college now and have my own place, I don't need to us my moms address anymore haha. I'm debating what the best way to contact them would be. I just tried their facebook, hopefully that will get a response but I'm not sure.

should be getting it a week before release. if theyre one schedule that is haha

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score

''hey, that rich lady over there seems nice, Im sure she doesn't care if I steal her wallet :) ''

only that the dudes in PtH aren't rich...

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
on track 7, shit is amazing so far!

I tried my best with Scurrilous waiting for it to just click-in, there are some brilliant moments there (Dunsel is awesome!) but as a whole It felt pretty weak compared to the feel in Kezia and the hooks in Fortress. One of the problems that I thought the band could suffer was stagnation, and the songs could start feeling formulaic, but the songs here, while recognisable as Protest's style instantly, are sounding really fresh :D, it's like Fortress and Kezia on steroids with spectacular production

')