Protest the Hero Go Independant/Label-less, Fundraiser for New Album : $125k Goal

• Thread starter CloudAC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
once again I did not get any of my download links and shit for an indiegogo/kickstarter album release

so ....ing annoying

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
Holy ....ing shit Rody is insane on A Life Embossed (assuming that is him in the super high bit and not a guest vocalist?). I THINK IT'S HIM, BUT JESUS CHRIST IT'S SO BEYOND WHAT HE'S EVER DONE BEFORE.

I have to say, one of the most memorable moments on the album has to be the guest vocalist on Underbite, no idea who he is - maybe a guy with lotsa money to spare - but the contrast in his voice to the rest of the album gives his part so much weight. "I know that it might be quite cliche... "

Guys:

uWDILKq.jpg

Sakeido: are you using gmail?

tmfrank

Reaction score
I have to say, one of the most memorable moments on the album has to be the guest vocalist on Underbite, no idea who he is - maybe a guy with lotsa money to spare - but the contrast in his voice to the rest of the album gives his part so much weight. "I know that it might be quite cliche... "

It's actually the lead singer from Propagandhi, one of PTH's favorite bands! He has a very polarizing voice, it surprised me too. Not too big a fan of his part here, but Propagandhi is definitely worth a listen. If I had to recommend an album, try Supporting Caste!

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
yup I was on gmail. Thanks for posting the link tho guys, got it working now

had to tap out on the album about halfway through. was sounding good, but constant balls to the walls shredding gets very fatiguing after a while

Cynic

Bored Stiff
Reaction score
the "and if a pitbull is a weapon you'll have to pry them" part is so catchy.

_RH_

Reaction score
Way more "punk" feeling than I would have expected. That said, I am already really enjoying it! Stand out parts for me:

-somewhere there are repeated vocals from a previous album I think, I forget what song...
-Underbite guest vocalist
-Skies chorus

Captain_Awesome

Cloudwalker
Reaction score
It's actually the lead singer from Propagandhi, one of PTH's favorite bands! He has a very polarizing voice, it surprised me too. Not too big a fan of his part here, but Propagandhi is definitely worth a listen. If I had to recommend an album, try Supporting Caste!

I've actually listened to Propaghandi a couple of times because of his guest vocals on Sex Tapes, did not recognise his growl/shouts at all!

Anyone else feeling like the acoustic outro of Mist is similar to the outro of A Plateful of our Dead?

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
I've heard a few varying opinions, but I'm really enjoying Rody's lyrics on this one.

Especially on Mist.. 'dem Canadian feels. :agreed:

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
Just listened it the whole way through...

HOLY FUCK its almost album of the year for me right now, loving the flashback to sequoia throne in animal bones the chorus echo/chant is amazing..

Feels good knowing that we payed for this before hearing a single note or riff and they have delivered us this, BEST INVESTMENT EVER!!

Last edited:

Goro923

Spanish Thrasher
Reaction score
That chick who sings on Drumhead Trial's name doesn't ring a bell, but holy crap do her lines fvcking RULE :yesway:

So far I think the album as a whole is a lot more balanced that Scurrilous (as in, plenty of screaming parts and more punky bits), if nothing it's definetly more inmediate.

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
I'm not sure, actually. It's not at Kezia levels, but it's pretty close. I'll have to wait until the proper release to make the final call because the leaked album sounds really flat compared to what we've heard before.

kamello

DESU METARU!
Reaction score
3rd day with the album, only thing I can think about is

Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist, Mist

it feels very different in some ways to what they've donde before and Im loving it :D (btw, I refer to this song only, the rest of the album is killler though) with Scurrilous I kinda had to force myself through it, but I listened to this maybe 6 or 7 times by now

rifft

Reaction score
I'm starting to dig this album with more listens. Didn't like the rhythm tones at first but they do fit the album pretty well.

Also, does anyone else get major MAKE TOTAL DESTROY vibes from some of the those ascending/descending runs on Animal Bones? I almost expected them to burst into that chorus when I first heard it, haha.

')