Protest the Hero Go Independant/Label-less, Fundraiser for New Album : $125k Goal

• Thread starter CloudAC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

mike0

Reaction score
anyone who funded the album and chose the vinyl perk get there's today? i'm sure it will come in soon enough, i trust the guys, and they sent me the digital version weeks ago after the leak to hold me over.. but i need it. NOW. :p

mike0

Reaction score
The email i got yesterday said almost all had been shipped already :scratch: oh well, i'm it'll show up eventually

anomynous

Reaction score
The update on their IGG page said they were in the process of signing them.

Also shows that the backer vinyl is transparent orange, instead of the cool blue/white or green/brown swirl that the "normal" vinyl is

mike0

Reaction score
yeah i saw.. i would have much preferred the swirl, but i really can't complain. i have to say though, i'm not entirely a fan of Dan Mumford's artwork usually, but i think what he made for the indiegogo cover art looks awesome, and i much prefer it to the original vulture rape art. needless to say, the album is amazing. at the moment i think it is tied with fortress for best (in my mind), which is slightly ahead of scurrilous. i don't really like comparing kezia to the others because while i think every album since then has been technically "better", it still holds a special place in my heart.

abandonist

Banned
Reaction score
I think this band would be better if they had that female singer join and do the whole 2 vocalists thing. All of those moments are my favorites.

UncurableZero

Reaction score
Volition is ....ing great. Really hits me and gets me inspired and motivated. It's so catchy, it's going to keep me interested for a nice while :metal:

chewpac

working up to 7...
Reaction score
this album is incredible. i'd call this project a huge success. beautiful record.

guitar tones are awesome, too. mix in general is great. vocal extras are an awesome touch.

i'll be blaring this record for the next few weeks, for sure.

The Griffinator

Reaction score
Got my autographed LE vinyl today! #511 out of I forget how many lol. I'm dusting off the turntable later today. Anyone else get their perks yet?

mike0

Reaction score
not yet. i just got an email this morning that all 8000 perks had finally been shipped. really jealous that you got yours already, i've been dying to get me hands on it :wallbash: it will show up eventually i hope

mike0

Reaction score
i've seen some people get turned off from the music video because of how it breaks in and out of the song for the purpose of the story and puppets, but i have to be honest.. i ....ing love it! it's a good change of pace from what you'd expect in a music video, and i've listened to the song so many times that i know how it goes sostopping and starting halfway through doesn't bother me so much. plus it's goddamn hilarious.

MartinMTL

Reaction score
i've seen some people get turned off from the music video because of how it breaks in and out of the song for the purpose of the story and puppets, but i have to be honest.. i ....ing love it! it's a good change of pace from what you'd expect in a music video, and i've listened to the song so many times that i know how it goes sostopping and starting halfway through doesn't bother me so much. plus it's goddamn hilarious.

haha, exactly. I'd say performance videos or lyric videos are getting boring and lame. Get something creative going. And if I wanted to listen to the song uninterrupted I'd just put the album on. Videos should give something much more than just an auditory stimulus. .... the haters. This was hilarious.

wakjob

Reaction score
Just downloaded the new album. I'm on my second listen through...

LOVE IT!

They still using the 5150 for the guitar tracks?

BucketheadRules

Fuzz pedal hoarder
Reaction score
I think this album is up there with Fortress. Might even be better. Absolutely wonderful album.

The lyrics are particularly good.

And I've got a special copy with a signed lyrics booklet and different artwork. :)

')