Protest the Hero Go Independant/Label-less, Fundraiser for New Album : $125k Goal

• Thread starter CloudAC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
Tom how the hell did you last that long without listening to it? I would have cracked ages ago.

I saw PTH in Brighton over the weekend. They were really tight and played a great setlist. Ended up in a pub afterwards where Rody, Arif, Sam Carter(Architects) and Henry Selva(Human Abstract) were drinking in. Got some photos, did some shots and chatted about music. Awesome night!

My League of Ordinary Gentleman pass didn't arrive in time for the gig and when I went up to the merch table they told me they couldn't give me anything because they never got a list this tour to verify who payed for the perk. I told him I wanted to talk to one of the band members to try sort something out so he gave me a t-shirt at the end of the gig.

gorthul

Reaction score
I saw them last friday in cologne, was a great evening.

Intervals did a nice set, but I pretty much hated the drum sound. The mix could have been much better, but for an opening act this was really good.

Then came The Safety Fire, I have to say that I was looking forward to them the most. Very good stage performance but again the soundmix could have been much better, also the crowd was a little bit lame at the moment. Why do people stand still when they play Huge Hammers?
Anyway, later at the merch table I've met Jo and had a little chat with him, such a nice and cool guy!

Tesseract completely blew me away. IMO Ashe's stage performance drastically improved over the last year, I saw him last year in Bochum and he wasn't such energetic and authentic back then.
I really enjoyed the show, and the sound was spot on.

Protest The Hero was good as well. I especially enjoyed Rody talking to the audience in between the songs. He did some really funny jokes!

jbguitarking

Reaction score
I also saw them in Brighton, great set though the sound near the back was pretty bad, super bassy and the vocals were low in the mix.

I was a couple of rows from the front for Intervals and The Safety Fire and the sound was OK there.

Didn't stick around to meet PTH though I did meet Intervals and Dez from TSF, awesome guys.

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score
I missed them in Birmingham. Bit bummed out, but I'm glad to have bought the ticket anyway, since you know, contribution and all that.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Glasgow had a diabolical sound that consisted of all sub-bass, drums and dry vocals.

I only caught a bit of The Safety Fire and TesseracT, but they had a bad sound. Protest The Hero got slightly better so the solos were audible.

Aside from that, good set and they nailed them songs alright. :yesway:

Maart3n

Reaction score
Got that same setlist last night in Dordrecht. Great show, protest absolutely killed it and Rody was hilarious as always. Funny thing is, the sound guy for protest was the guitarist from TSF.
0uHdw0Y.jpg

Dayviewer

Mr. Djelecaster
Reaction score
^ was at Dordrecht last night as well! amazing show, was a bit late and only caught the last 2 songs from Intervals sadly.
Was mainly going for Tesseract (which blew my mind once again) but was really surprised by Protest, very tight, entertaining, and awesome in general!

AuroraTide

Reaction score
Trying not to get my hopes up but, I have a parcel to collect tomorrow and I'm pretty sure my IGG vinyl has made it

Hankey

Reaction score
Got that same setlist last night in Dordrecht. Great show, protest absolutely killed it and Rody was hilarious as always. Funny thing is, the sound guy for protest was the guitarist from TSF.

The show in Dordrecht was awesome! Protest and Tesseract were great. The Safety Fire and Intervals however suffered from an bad mix where the vocals were pretty much inaudible. Shame really, because otherwise they sounded pretty good.

Btw ROFL @ the setlist :lol:. Those guys have a great sense of humor.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
The show in Dordrecht was awesome! Protest and Tesseract were great. The Safety Fire and Intervals however suffered from an bad mix where the vocals were pretty much inaudible. Shame really, because otherwise they sounded pretty good.

PTH's mix was bloody awful as well IMO. Tesseract had a decent mix I guess. I think the venue's layout is to blame for the sound. Show was great though, also had a lot of laughs. Rody could persue a career in stand up comedy...

Zalbu

More time than skill
Reaction score
Huh, so they were using the Axe-Fx on the album?

Anyways, shame that there's no digital tabs available. I understand piracy reasons, but us Europeans just gets shafted. I mean, 6 to 8 weeks for it to get here plus extra shipping? I'll probably buy it anyways, I need to see how to play this.

')