Protest the Hero Go Independant/Label-less, Fundraiser for New Album : $125k Goal

• Thread starter CloudAC
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Griffinator

Reaction score
This makes me so happy. It's cool of them to release the digital download early. I wouldn't have pirated it even though I backed the campaign. I was patiently waiting for the official release. This sounds amazing, I can't wait to hear this stuff live.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

theo

Got Hype(machine)?
Reaction score
Just got an email from the PTH indiegogo page. They're giving high quality downloads and the digital booklet out to everyone who preordered, They want us to have the best listening experience we can!

These guys are THE BEST!

crg123

SS.orgLocalArchitect
Reaction score
hmm I didn't get an email. What the hell haha. Hopefully its just a delay or something.

Big_taco

Reaction score
Out of every Zach/Zack/Zak/Zac I'm apparently the only one who didn't bother to capitalize the first letter of either of my names. This made me chuckle.

Kiwimetal101

'Tread Lightly'
Reaction score
Didn't get the email :( I changed it on the igg site only a couple of days ago since my hotmail got hacked/locked... Hopefully they didn't send it there??....

SeaBeast

Reaction score
The album is basically Kezia and Scurrilous mixed together, in a good way. Though I get NO Fortress moments, not sure what people are hearing.

I love it. My only complaint is that this music is getting so technical that there isn't as many "hooks". Fortress was the best in my opinion in terms of technical ability and songwriting. Either way this is a great CD.

Andrewsonfire

Reaction score
By the 4th song I decided this is their best cd and my favorite CD so far this year. Then "mist" came on and hear "NEWFOUNDLAND" In the lyrics.. I got excited. Turns out this whole song is a love letter to my home. I got a little emotional, such a good moment for me.

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
Without prejudice, Dat song....

I am in love with this album so far.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
From what I've heard so far, it's Kezia tone with Scurillous insanity/tapping shit, which is OK in my book. I just want this shit now, the biggest issue is finding a physical copy since there's no cool stores that'll stock it nearby.

Tang

Master of Chihuahuas
Reaction score
Really, really enjoying the female vocals on the album.

Hot damn.

EDIT: shit, some of those 'female' vocals are Rody.. goddamn falsetto!

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
Im wondering, did it leak first and then they put it up for digital download themselves, or the other way around (which technically isn't a 'leak')?

Lorcan Ward

7slinger
Reaction score
^Leaked obviously otherwise it would come out on the release date they planned.

These guys are really on the ball. First an Indie-go-go campaign and now since its leaked they give us a download option two weeks early so we can have it in the best quality format possible.

A lot of bands shy away from the fact their album leaked but nowadays its becoming more accepting with streaming it on sites like spotify etc The industry is changing and PTH are one of the bands who are on the frontline keeping up. Good to know my favorite band will be making music for a long time.

Polythoral

Hipster Mustaine
Reaction score
Holy ....ing shit Rody is insane on A Life Embossed (assuming that is him in the super high bit and not a guest vocalist?). I THINK IT'S HIM, BUT JESUS CHRIST IT'S SO BEYOND WHAT HE'S EVER DONE BEFORE.

Mwoit

Reaction score
Yeah, they got me name right. :yesway:

Album is pretty cool so far. Some of the really fast tech bits reminds me of video game music.

And I love video games.

ZeroS1gnol

Reaction score
These guys are really on the ball.

Exactly how I feel and what makes me wonder why it leaked in the first place. This whole indie work ethic they are sporting nowadays would keep the chain of production and distribution quite short, right? Still, someone inside that chain decided to break the deal and illegaly distribute it...

Captain_Awesome

Cloudwalker
Reaction score
I have to say, one of the most memorable moments on the album has to be the guest vocalist on Underbite, no idea who he is - maybe a guy with lotsa money to spare - but the contrast in his voice to the rest of the album gives his part so much weight. "I know that it might be quite cliche... "

Big_taco

Reaction score
^I came here to talk about that guy haha. On anything else I would think those were horrible vocals fitting to some kind of junior tough guy band but they really make them work in that section.

Edit: I had to add more about how awesome this album really is. Another favorite moment is the callback to Sequoia Throne on Animal Bones. I heard that and was like, "hey, I remember that line!" There are a boat load of tasty riffs and leads all over this thing and holy shit, CHRIS F>>>IN' ADLER! Seamlessly fitting into the tracks!

protest

Reaction score
2005: "Holy shit Chris Adler is a beast! LOG rules!!"

2010: "Adler's nothing special. LOG isn't even that good"

2013: "Holy shit Chris Adler is a beast! He should join PTH full time!"

WolleK

Reaction score
Did not enjoy the last album but this album is f****** awesome. A good return to their old albums.

For me album of the year next to KSE Disarm the descent

Latest posts

')