ProTone Keith Merrow OD Pedal is Out!

• Thread starter JPMike
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Runander

Reaction score
It looks cool but that's about it:lol:

I think the chords sounded fuller there without the pedal and he had quite a good sound already so I don't really know if an OD was called for.

Anyway personally I'll stick to my Tubescreamer :)

Lifestalker

Reaction score

I think the chords sounded fuller there without the pedal and he had quite a good sound already so I don't really know if an OD was called for.

I preferred the sound with it off as well.

Love the look of it though.

JPMike

Totally Random
Reaction score
Im getting one!

Me too, bro!! I paid for it too today!

Now I got Bulb Blue, Bulb Deluxe and Merrow OD.

The Blue one still hasn't arrived I have no idea where it is, probably wandering around the customs or still in transit. As for the rest I told Dennis to ship them with Prio so they get here faster. :D

Webmaestro

Ibanez Fanatic
Reaction score
I liked it. Definitely felt it added a little extra metallic bite to the sound, but whether or not you like that is personal preference.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score

It's definitely more of a feel thing for me. Playing without an OD drives me up the wall. :lol: It feels too flabby, like the amp isn't responding to my playing.

+1 to the Tubescreamer. The Misha OD seemed really cool, but my beef with the Dead Horse is that it "fixes" the Tubescreamer by killing the mid-hump, which is what makes it a Tubescreamer.

Whats the difference between these, the dead horse, and bulbs sig pedal
?

The Dead Horse has more bass and gain than a Tubescreamer, like the Keeley-modded Tubescreamers. Misha's OD has a switch that goes from the regular Dead Horse to a tighter, more mid-boosted overdrive - like a more extreme version of what a Tubescreamer does. From what I can tell, the Keith OD is the regular Dead Horse, but a bit tighter and with a bit less gain, so it's supposed to sound more clear.

The Misha one seems like it's right up my alley, because I could use the regular mode for adding overdrive to clean and dirty sounds, and the more extreme mode would be great for high gain. Still, nothing's beat the MAxon OD808 for me.

Reaction score
I just bought one, i wonder how it will size up. i had a DH and it got my amps really tight so we will see.... plus a free Conquering Dystopia download that cd alone is probably going to be worth the $227 anyways.

CountFrisky

Formerly Jveeman45
Reaction score
Great tone with the OD on. So articulate and aggressive. Bravo Protone, another great overdrive pedal.

Dawn of the Shred

Member Since 2012
Reaction score
Me too, bro!! I paid for it too today!

Now I got Bulb Blue, Bulb Deluxe and Merrow OD.

The Blue one still hasn't arrived I have no idea where it is, probably wandering around the customs or still in transit. As for the rest I told Dennis to ship them with Prio so they get here faster. :D

Hell yeah bub. Cant wait to get it!

')