Protone Pedal Questions?

• Thread starter CONTINUUMCRAFT
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Any of you guys ordered a protone pedal?
How long did it take for you to receive it?
What did you think of the build quality of the pedal?

Only reason I ask is I've ordered a Mark Holcomb Haunted Delay pedal and haven't heard anything. I tried emailing the guy and just got a generated reply of having to wait 6-8 weeks. However the guy took the money out of my paypal account on 11th September. Which was 11 weeks ago. Their hasn't been a single other video of the pedal apart from the video of Mark playing it though his Axe FX unit.
Cheers for taken the time to read all this.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
This is not uncommon, ProTone has done this with pretty much every pre-order pedal they've put out. The only good thing is I think everybody has finally gotten their pedals, it just took a long time.

russmuller

Cramblin'
Reaction score
I'll second that. I have ordered two pedals from them and it did take quite a while before each order was filled. The pedals feel very solid and well built, but the fit and finish has a hand-made vibe rather than a polished/well-machined feel. They sound incredible though.

Sean Richardson

Onedge Custom
Reaction score
They are a real enigma... Dennis runs hot and cold from experience and sometimes responds well to an email while others he is flat out rude. Depends on his mood and workload I assume

The products look ace from the outside, less ace from the inside (in fact some of them look very shabby inside) but he does do some very clever things re signal path.

And they sound phenomenal (the bit that counts).

Stick with it and be patient. It will turn up but it may take awhile... My Bulb Overdrive Deluxe was 14 plus weeks. I made the mistake of asking where my position in the queue for a Merrow overdrive was and got a somewhat terse reply... Don't sweat it (easy to say I know)

Reaction score
Yeah I'll grin and bare it for the moment, it's just weird that there is one 1 video of the haunted delay and that's with mark playing it and that's it. I'm a fan of the pedals after buying a Protone Misha signature second hand for around £120.

')